Need info on paypal claim

valeri

O.G.
Dec 30, 2007
My dispute went to a claim and paypal is now reviewing it. Two days ago is when I called and made the dispute for the item being, not as described. When I went over the email the rep from paypal didn't get my statement 100% accurate. There was some info that was incorrect. I tried emailing them, but I got some automated email of them giving me some links. They didn't even answer my question. My question is are they going to ask me for a statement that I can can send online with photos to paypal? I also forgot to mention to paypal how the item was shipped. What's going to happen next?

Although you can file through either ebay or paypal, SNAD disputes are better filed through ebay.

That said, when you have a dispute, it's better to file yourself in writing through the dispute console. That way, you know it's on record and since you've written it out yourself, you'll know that if there's a mistake, it's your own error.

At this point, can you respond or add to the dispute?

Although you can file through either ebay or paypal, SNAD disputes are better filed through ebay.

That said, when you have a dispute, it's better to file yourself in writing through the dispute console. That way, you know it's on record and since you've written it out yourself, you'll know that if there's a mistake, it's your own error.

At this point, can you respond or add to the dispute?
I couldn't go through Ebay I tried. Ebay said that since I used Paypal's Bill me later, I had to go through Paypal. I would of thought when I talked to Paypal they would have recorded it and reference back on that conversation.

I purchased a silverware chest that was used. His listing stated it had a few imperfections, but it was fully functional. After I had paid I had asked if the photos he used were of the actual item that was being shipped or if they were stock. He said they were stock. So I asked him before he shipped the item could he send me photos of the chest. He sent 2 (one with the chest closed and one with the chest opened) and the chest looked fine.

When I received the chest on the left hinge part of it was not intact, both hinges looked like they were pushed slightly, the lid wasn't aligned with the body and the lid does not stay open without you holding it open.
There were a few scratches on it, a chip on the corner and some of the lining was coming off the chest, but I'm fine with that since I knew it wasn't new.
I sent him an email saying the item was not as described and I wanted a refund. He replied that since I bought it that I really didn't want it and how I was describing the chest was inaccurate. I replied back saying, I was leery once I found out he used stocked photos and I had the right to be because look what was sent.
I needed the chest for Thanksgiving. I still need one. I don't know if I should buy another one or wait.
Oh, and I should mention the way he packed the chest. He used paper towels! Who would use paper towels to pack a solid wood chest??
He used a box to put the chest in. On the bottom of the box he place 1 paper towel, he had the chest on top of the paper towel, around the chest he scrunched some paper towels around it and placed one paper towel on top of the chest.
There are two scenarios that could have happened: he shipped it like that or it was damaged through shipping (cause his horrible packing of the chest).

I didn't tell paypal the way he packed it. I called paypal the same day when I received the chest. That time I thought the seller was lying to me and had it shipped like that. I want to know if there is going to be a time where I get to submit photos and give more details? This is just so frustrating.