Need info on David Yurman, help please

Rai

Jul 1, 2006
I hope that someone will know the answer to my question. I am looking for a David Yurman pendant. I guess it's also called an enhancer, it would be heart shaped, sterling silver and yellow gold, with a stone in the center. I have been looking on ebay, and came across this one:

eBay: DAVID YURMAN GOLDEN CITRINE ENHANCER PENDANT (item 280064963564 end time Jan-04-07 11:03:20 PST)

Does anyone know:

1. What year is this style from

2. Is it still made

3. Any clue as to what the retail price was

Many many thanks for anyone who can be of any assistance. I'm sure one (if not more) of you lovley ladies (or gents) can help me out.

Thank you :smile:

Hmm, at first glance, I thought that eBay piece might be a fake, because I've been a pretty hardcore David Yurman fan for several years now, and I've never seen him do a pendant like that (heart shaped, and all in gold). But then I saw the pics of the DY stamping and logo on the back, which look like they potentially could be authentic. I'm not sure, but I am skeptical. I think if it's real, it must be more than a few years old.

Fyi, both the davidyurman.com and neimanmarcus.com sites have pretty extensive representations of everything in the current DY collection.

Thanks Cosmopolitian!

I did check out the sites you mentioned, and I don't see any hearts there. From the markings on the back, it looked real to me too. On the ebay one I posted a link to, it looked to me like the bezel was gold, but the surrounding part around the heart was silver, I could be wrong.

Thanks for your help

My advice is to be very careful about eBay. There are lots of good scammers out there. Good luck with whatever you decide.

p.s.--Another thing that makes me nervous is that the eBay description says it is made of 14k gold, but David Yurman only uses 18k gold, as far as I know.

I am new to David Yurman. I did not know that only 18k gold is used. Thank you for letting me know that. I'm going to forget about that auction.

Thank you again for your assistance.

Hi. I have some classic David Yurman "X" pieces that I have had almost 20 years! They are sterling and 14k. I am positive he did heart things years ago if not more recent. Although I agree with the previous posters, tons of fakes on Ebay. Beware!

I checked out the David Yurman pieces on neimanmarcus.com...

44 = total pieces made of sterling/gold combination
35 = were made with 18K gold
9 = were made with 14K gold (and these were primarily older styles)

So perhaps Yurman used to use 14K, but has switched over to 18K???