Need info om Sparkle leather, please.

Jan 25, 2009
I found my Christmas present. Madison Maggie's are my favorite style, and I wanted the one in plum. Only the gray remained on line. But today, there it was and marked down from regular price to under $300.00. This was on line, so I have not seen the sparkle leather. Is it rough? Do sparkles come off on clothes? Is it more flouncy than regular leather or crock embossed? Just curious. Of course, when it comes, if it doesn't work, I can send it back. I love the plum color! I want it to be the perfect purple bag.

Merry Christmas and Happy 2012!
panera

I don't know which one you are talking about. Can you post the pic? I have the plum patent and it is gorgeous. What is the sparkle leather?

I don't know which one you are talking about. Can you post the pic? I have the plum patent and it is gorgeous. What is the sparkle leather?

I don't know how to post a picture, and I don't have the bag----ordered on line. It will take 10 days or so to get to me. I've looked at the gray on the Coach web site. I just don't know what sparkle leather means. I don't remember that type of description for leather before. I don't live near a Coach store or an outlet, so have to order on line.
panera

The glitter will not rub off onto your clothes, but it will show wear easily. And color transfer, but with those colors (gray, purple) I wouldn not worry too much about it.
It's like dusted suede.

I don't know how to post a picture, and I don't have the bag----ordered on line. It will take 10 days or so to get to me. I've looked at the gray on the Coach web site. I just don't know what sparkle leather means. I don't remember that type of description for leather before. I don't live near a Coach store or an outlet, so have to order on line.
panera
Can you give me the style number? It doesn't say sparkle leather on any of the Maggies that I can see on Coach.com. There is a Poppy sparkle leather that I know about.

panera
Oh, now I see it. You are talking about the stitched leather Maggie. I have a sparkle leather Madison wallet from a year ago that might be similar. I also have a factory wristlet that is the same kind of leather. It isn't glittery, just a bit sparkly. There isn't anything that can fall off. It is soft. I haven't used them enough to know if the sparkliness goes away over time. I have never seen this revealed so I don't know if anyone here has one.
I know there was a problem with the Poppy sparkle leather in some colors. That is what is in that reveal with the problems. I don't think the Maggie leather is as delicate. I bet it is more like this: http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/tpf-official-coach-2011-fall-preview-669678-304.html#post20591808
Where does it show it on sale on Coach.com? I can't find it.

Can you give me the style number? It doesn't say sparkle leather on any of the Maggies that I can see on Coach.com. There is a Poppy sparkle leather that I know about.

I ordered from Dillards. It was listed in "Specials." I just looked and it's sold out. It's not metallic, so maybe just a glint of sparkle that won't be a problem. Look on the Coach web site and you'll see the gray. It's topstiched interlocking C's in sparkle leather. Maybe someone got one and had a reveal. I haven't seen it, if it's been done.
panera