Need Hugs :(

remonb

O.G.
Oct 14, 2006
I just turned in my paperwork to get out the military. I was excited before turning it in because I want to work in Iraq as a civilian contractor but now I'm feeling depressed for some reason. I haven't been in the "civilian" world since I was 17. I don't know what I'm going to do about a job because I basically don't do too well with talking to people. I haven't went on a job interview since I was 15 and that was to work at Popeyes. I just hope I made the right decision but I don't know why I feel sad, I guess because I know once Sept 2008 gets here, I won't have a "guaranteed" job or paycheck. sigh...I just needed to vent, hopefully I'll feel better in a couple of days about my decision! Thanks

I just turned in my paperwork to get out the military. I was excited before turning it in because I want to work in Iraq as a civilian contractor but now I'm feeling depressed for some reason. I haven't been in the "civilian" world since I was 17. I don't know what I'm going to do about a job because I basically don't do too well with talking to people. I haven't went on a job interview since I was 15 and that was to work at Popeyes. I just hope I made the right decision but I don't know why I feel sad, I guess because I know once Sept 2008 gets here, I won't have a "guaranteed" job or paycheck. sigh...I just needed to vent, hopefully I'll feel better in a couple of days about my decision! Thanks

You've got time to think it over! You're just panicking. I know the feeling! Don't try to think so hard, take it slow. It will come to you!!! And the joy is you don't have to make any more decisions right now!

I think a lot of people that come out of the military think that way. My hubby has told me he felt the same way too. He felt firefighting was a good fix for a while because you have that whole family type mentality and that even when you're not actually in the profession anymore that you still are always a firefighter at heart. Same, I know, holds true that you are still very much a part of the military even when you're out. I'm sure it will take some adjustment but there are probably some great jobs you could transition into that employers feel military experience applies well too like security and such. Good luck!

Oh, hunny, you know sometimes when we make big decisions like the one you have made, it's our human nature to doubt ourselves, but that doesn't make your decision a bad one!!! Everyone does this!!! And I also think that most people don't do well with changes in their lives. You are probably just sad and scared because you are kind of changing your comfortable regimine. But I assure you, no matter what, you will be fine! I'm sure you've made the right decision, but it will take some getting used to. It is nothing to worry about! (((hugs)))

Hopefully everything will turn out fine and I'll be able to get some more skills in so that I am marketable when it comes time to find employment. Thanks for all the kind words :smile: