Need Hobo Clarification - Please Help!

CoutureObsessed

¡Amo Balenciaga!
O.G.
Oct 22, 2007
Trust me, I know that this is going to be a very odd question because it is a question that I thought I already knew the answer to...Did Bal make two different Hobo styles in 07? I live in a city with very few high end options, so I do all of my Bal shopping over the phone and compose my wishlists based on the photos from Bal's website and the pictures of styles/colors that all of you post. I have been lusting for a white hobo with GGH based on pictures of Hobo's such as the ones posted in the links below:

http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/pic-me-my-vermillion-giant-hobo-too-big-139562.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/photos-wearing-your-bbags-pictures-only-37346-41.html

Well, I finally found the hobo in white at a NM store in Michigan, but due to some system issues the bag has not been charged/shipped to me yet. Now, after coming across the photo below I'm wondering whether I'm really going to be getting the bag that I want and if I should just call and have the order cancelled?

http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/so-gorgeous-yet-so-impractical-white-ggh-hobo-186742.html

Is it just me, or does the white hobo look completely diff. from the vermillion and the olive??

Trust me, I know that this is going to be a very odd question because it is a question that I thought I already knew the answer to...Did Bal make two different Hobo styles in 07? I live in a city with very few high end options, so I do all of my Bal shopping over the phone and compose my wishlists based on the photos from Bal's website and the pictures of styles/colors that all of you post. I have been lusting for a white hobo with GGH based on pictures of Hobo's such as the ones posted in the links below:

http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/pic-me-my-vermillion-giant-hobo-too-big-139562.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/photos-wearing-your-bbags-pictures-only-37346-41.html

Well, I finally found the hobo in white at a NM store in Michigan, but due to some system issues the bag has not been charged/shipped to me yet. Now, after coming across the photo below I'm wondering whether I'm really going to be getting the bag that I want and if I should just call and have the order cancelled?

http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/so-gorgeous-yet-so-impractical-white-ggh-hobo-186742.html

Is it just me, or does the white hobo look completely diff. from the vermillion and the olive??

What do you mean by 'off'? Bal made a Hobo and a Day, but back in '06 - the Day used to be referred to as the Hobo sometimes. But the bag you've got is for certain the Hobo...

I took a look at all three pics and can't see anything wrong.

Is it the shape you're referring to?

I see what you mean. The vermillion does look much larger than the white but the styles all look the same to me. The only thing I can think of is that the bags look different because the girls modeling them are different sizes or just the angle of the camera. The white and Vermillion do look like 2 different sizes. However as far as I know, there is only one Giant Hobo size.

I think the sizes of the hobo's may look different because of what might be in the bags, with less items the bag may shouch more, if it's fuller it appears to look larger.

I am totally loving the look of the white one!

hahaha...im the one who posted the white ggh hobo and modeled it. i do see what you mean also - the red looks huge compared to the white. im thinking one big factor could be the size of the models. i'm 5'6-5'7 so a lot of bags look small on me, i think. could also be the angle of the camera. either way, i believe there's only one giant hobo size.

btw, i ended up returning the white bag to bluefly recently and i saw it pop up a few days ago at $996....i should've posted it and you could've gotten it! im really sad about it...white is soooo gorgeous but it'll be so hard to keep clean for me....hope you find the perfect one! it'll look great on you, no worries.

hahaha...im the one who posted the white ggh hobo and modeled it. i do see what you mean also - the red looks huge compared to the white. im thinking one big factor could be the size of the models. i'm 5'6-5'7 so a lot of bags look small on me, i think. could also be the angle of the camera. either way, i believe there's only one giant hobo size.

btw, i ended up returning the white bag to bluefly recently and i saw it pop up a few days ago at $996....i should've posted it and you could've gotten it! im really sad about it...white is soooo gorgeous but it'll be so hard to keep clean for me....hope you find the perfect one! it'll look great on you, no worries.

Oh, I love that white hobo! I have never seen it IRL, but in your photo it looks dreamy :love:. I just bought so much (Bal and Chanel), I have no business looking for another bag, but I keep coming back to look at it. I know this means trouble!:P

Dear God - I'm the one that posted the vermillon hobo!!! I LOVE that bag and color - it's actually hubbys favorite for some reason. I'm only 5'3" so consider the fact that I'm no exactly a model to say the least. I really love the hobo style and have gotten tons of compliments on it. It's easy to find stuff too. Highly recommend it.

Well, the system issues at NM were finally resolved and I received my new bag yesterday morning. I am so depressed, though, because the bag that I received turned out to be the F/W 07 ivory and not the S/S 07 white that I have been longing for. :crybaby:It's still a beautiful bag, but I'm pretty certain that I'm going to return it and hope and pray that they will make the hobo in the white again for S/S 08. I have attached pictures of the bag below, with two different types of lighting, next to two pairs of bright white shoes for comparison.

Attachments

• Brighter Lighting.jpg
    Brighter Lighting.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Darker Lighting.jpg
    Darker Lighting.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 38
It's hard to see that the bag is not a real white in your photos. I would think maybe an ivory color is easier to maintain? But if it's the white you want, then best not to settle. Sorry they sent you the wrong color, that sux :sad:.

It's hard to see that the bag is not a real white in your photos. I would think maybe an ivory color is easier to maintain? But if it's the white you want, then best not to settle. Sorry they sent you the wrong color, that sux :sad:.

Sorry about the poor quality pixs!! My digital camera has been acting up, so I had to use my cell phone.