Need HELP!!!!

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Hi!
    I'm in a special situation where I have to get a bag by the end of the month for myself as part of an order from my in-laws. My budget is around $2,000. I've been looking at bags for the past three weeks, but haven't seen anything that jumped out at me. I hate shopping with time-constraints. Where were they when there were plenty of bags out that I liked?!! Do you have any suggestions?
    I guess I'm looking for more of the calm colors, black or different shades of brown. I want a medium sized, everyday fun bag.
    HELP!!!!

Thank you so much!!!

2. I recommend the one I just bought of course!
    Ack, it's a little more than you are spending I think {mid $2Ks}

DSCF1336.jpg
  3. They're buying you a $2000 bag? How absolutely wonderful.

I know it can be torture trying to choose, though. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about bags in that price range to help. :sad:

Let us know what you get, ok? :biggrin: I hope whatever it is, you love it.

4. The Chanel bags are great and the Fendi Spy of course!
    Are you going conservative or trendy?

5. I guess I'm on the more conservative side.
    I was looking at the Spy bags, but couldn't decide which one. I haven't seen any in person, so I don't know how big it'd look on me...
    Of course, having a husband doesn't really help with important decisions like this!

Thank you so much again!!

6. oooh- you need to go to eluxury.com! It has a ton of great brands! (Vuitton, Fendi, Dior, etc) You'll probably find something you like. I'd also check out bergdorfgoodman.com, neimanmarcus.com, and Saks.com. Hope that helps!

7. You could get 2 balenciagas with this a first and a city or a twiggy if you are looking for a fun and conservative bag. A black city would may be match your criteria.

8. That is a VERY swanky bag! Chanel:love:

Sounds like you could get a great LV or Gucci for $2K -- maybe a nice Chanel too.

9. What about a Chocolate YSL Muse?

10. I was about to suggest this as well. =) Muse is absolutely beautiful in Chocolate Brown (look very closed to Black). It's a roomy bag that can be dressed up/down. Muse comes in several sizes: Small, Medium ($1095), Large ($1195), Oversize ($1295). Medium & Large have longer handles (can be worn on the shoulder).

Chanel Luxury Line medium black metallic bowler is nice as well.

11. ^^I agree with all the info above - except I wanted to add I have the oversized version and it fits over my shoulder no problems (and i'm no shrimp!)

12. I would go with either Balenciaga or Chanel (my 2 fav). You could get one of each right now though since Chanel is having a sale...Balenciaga is more of a fun style while Chanel is of course more classic.

13. I definitely agree with ValleyObsessed in that you should head over to eluxury.com for a look. You might also want to try the typical Neiman's, Saks, and Bergdorf's to get an idea too.

Good luck! You have very nice in-laws.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice