Tech Need HELP with SCREENSHOTS...pleez...

Yay you solved the missing paint program dilemma. And you got a screenshot even if it isn't the best looking. When you paste the screenshot does it fill up the whole screen in paint, like does it look the exact same size as your screen? If it's smaller it might be because you are pasting it in the paints workspace (white box) that is smaller then the size of the screenshot. You can click the right bottom corner of the white box and drag it out to make a bigger workspace. Then paste. That's one possible solution. If that's not an issue you can try playing with the stretch/skew option. It's under the image tab. But that may not help the clarity too much. Also your screenshots resolution follows your desktop resolution, the higher they are the clearer they are. Mine is set to 1280x768.

You can try playing around with the things I mentioned to see if that makes it better.

Yes, I'm posting it on the workspace/white box, but the screenshot fills out the whole screen when I paste it with the exception of the top (window's blue bar), left margin (paint tools) and bottom margin (colors). It's bigger than the initial white square. I will try enlarging the white square before I paste next time. Thanks.

As to the resolution, everything I see on my computer screen (like right now) looks very clear. It's the screenshot that seems to have a lower resolution. I just went to MS Paint, and clicked on "Attributes" under the "Image" drop menu, and it says that the resolution is 81 X 81, but it doesn't give me an option anywhere to change it. Hmmm... Shouldn't it?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll see what I can do.

The quickie online screenshot tutorial I saw showed that when saving the screenshot in MS Paint, all of the file types available in the drop menu under the File Name box work except the "TIFF" type. The guy said to use the default file type: "Bitmap." Does this make a difference?

I don't like the way bmp's resize, they aren't web friendly and they're huge. For a picture I'm okay getting blurring on, I'll use jpg/jpeg. I tend to use png though. I just like the way my screenshots and some other files look in png. I used to save pictures in bmp, jpeg, png and gif and compare. But I'm a total geek at times.