Need help with figuring out what dress size I am

Hunhun123

Jul 15, 2018
Hello, I found this forum by doing a google search, and I am so happy to be here. I have so many questions regarding latest fashion trends .

I’m doing some online shopping tonight, and I’m just kind of confused on what size I should choose for a dress.

I don’t know if I should choose size 0 or 2. I don’t have time to go to the store so I wanna do shopping online.

I’m 5’3 110 lbs 32DD tiny butt.
What size do you ladies think I am ? I usually wear Xsmal or small. But sometimes the dress is too tight on the top. So I’m not sure if I’m a size 0 or 2

You could always order both sizes and return the one than doesn’t fit. Brand sizes can vary greatly. I’ve found that for me my dress size is usually my pant size but can also be one size up, sometimes two, or one size smaller depending on the brand. There’s really not an easy answer without trying on a few. Since you said dresses can be too small up top, you could always choose a dress that fits on top and have it taken in by a tailor to fit you throughout the bottom. I’d suggest using websites that accept returns. I’m sorry I can’t be more help.

Last edited:
Reactions: all7s
Depends on brand. I’m similar size. Usually I’m a 2 in dresses and suits but more like 0 in pants. I like my tops in size small because of bust area and find I can’t wear button down as it doesn’t lie right. I think you really can’t guarantee what will fit. You’ll have to just give it a try. Good luck.

Do you not have any items in your closet with a numbered size?
Also... every brand is different. One brand’s 8 is another brand’s 12. The only way to guarantee success online shopping is to know your size in that particular brand ahead of time. JMO.

What are you measurements? Take a soft measuring tape and measure around the largest part of your bust, your waist, and your hips. Then compare with the website's size chart. Some stores run small or large. We all carry our weight in different places, it is hard to pick a size for you without knowing the dress or your body type.
What is the dress made out of? ie is it a stretchy jersey or an unforgiving structured style?

Clothes are way too hard to buy online unless you have free returns or can return in store. Even if I've bought something from a brand before, unless it's an exact same item I already own (just different color or something) I do not trust sizing. Going by your measurements I would guess 2 rather than 0 though, unless you know the brand runs really large.