Need help with diamond wedding band

Thanks so much, Ame. The problem with them showing me stones is I really have no idea what I'm looking for. As long as everyone says he's reputable I will just go with probably a G or H, Vs1 and a great cut, right? I guess I should bring a photo of the Tiffanyt setting and the others I have tried that are comfortable. Any suggestions you have for me before I go would be great as the site def. lets you know you need to be prepared, you need an appt and you can only bring one or two ppl at most with you and they must be told in advance. (KInda reminds me of the Soup guy on Seinfeld.) lol tia

I think they need to know how many people as it's a super-secure building and offices. They probably run background checks on all involved guests.

I would bring photos of what you want to have him make and stress ideal cut stones. He won't probably let you hand select.

Ame, Do you have any idea why the Bluenile ideal cuts are $12,500 for the similar ring? Just curious. I'm just so afraid that I'm not gonna get the ideal cuts if I get this done by a custom order unless. Of course I'm hearing that Leon's work is impeccable, so I'm gonna go with him, but curious as to why Bluenile is so much more and it's not custom. So much for a newbie to learn. tia.

Ame, Do you have any idea why the Bluenile ideal cuts are $12,500 for the similar ring? Just curious. I'm just so afraid that I'm not gonna get the ideal cuts if I get this done by a custom order unless. Of course I'm hearing that Leon's work is impeccable, so I'm gonna go with him, but curious as to why Bluenile is so much more and it's not custom. So much for a newbie to learn. tia.

You cannot go wrong with Leon. He's an ARTIST. This will be an incredible piece of art.....you'll see

He is an artist, but he can also be a dick. lol So prepare yourself for attitude and if he doesn't bring out the diva that day, you'll be pleasantly surprised!

As for why, who knows. They might be trying to brand themselves as the Tiffany of online. Which I would never correspond. I do think Blue Nile commands a higher premium for the ideal cuts that are not warranted. Perhaps it's just because they don't typically buy ideal cuts in those sizes so they might have to do more legwork to get them and therefore pass the buck.

Leon makes beautiful rings.

Artists are far from normal.......but the few that are incredibly good are entitled to attitude ;)

I've refused clients myself based on idiotic requests. I don't care how much you want to $$$, if you don't appreciate my work, be off with you!!!

Thanks, Ame and Contessa. Contessa, do you have any suggestions for me before I walk in for the appt? Ame gave me some good ones above. I just really want my ring to sparkle like the Tiffany one!!!

Several years ago I bought an eternity band at Tiffany - alternating diamonds and sapphires. It was about $8k, and I felt like a fool for paying that much for it. So I ordered the same thing from Blue Nile at about 1/4 the cost. They were identical, except of course the Tiffany band had 'Tiffany' stamped on the inside. While I had both rings in my possession, I showed them to several people who are very knowledgable about jewelry, and asked them to tell me which was of higher quality. They looked at the rings from varying angles and in different lighting situations. I only asked that they not look inside the band (to see the branding). No one could tell the difference. I returned the Tiffany ring and no longer felt like a marketing victim.

Labrillant,

How do you go about returning the Tiffany ring? I regret on my solitaire purchase as well but it was bought 3 years ago. Is it possible?

Labrillant,

How do you go about returning the Tiffany ring? I regret on my solitaire purchase as well but it was bought 3 years ago. Is it possible?

I don't know what Tiffany's return policy is, but I returned that ring within 2-3 weeks of buying it, and it was unworn. I took it back to the store I bought it from. They didn't ask any questions, but they did inspect the ring thoroughly and test for real diamonds.

I tried on a Roberto Coin cento diamond eternity band this weekend. Actually liked it better than the Tiffany one. The setting is really comfortable and open...like small U's in a row holding the most sparkly diamonds....Waiting on a price in my size and carat range.

candyny,

I have the Roberto Coin cento diamond eternity band. Mine is 18kt yellow gold. Are you looking at the white gold or yellow? I will post pictures if I have any of my ring. It is a gorgeous ring. I hardly ever wear mine only because I wear my ERing everyday and it is platinum. My husband surprised me with the RC centro eternity band a year ago!

Thanks, Ame and Contessa. Contessa, do you have any suggestions for me before I walk in for the appt? Ame gave me some good ones above. I just really want my ring to sparkle like the Tiffany one!!!

Are you still considering Leon? I'd be straightforward & let him know exactly what you want.....BUT!!!

I'd also listen to his suggestions. I believe he does Tiffany....only better! ;)

My fiance got me some diamond earrings from blue nile, and I was able to get larger stones (great quality stones, even) for less money. We were very happy with the whole experience and I am more than satisfied with the product I received. They are bezel set and look just like the Tiffany by the Yard Diamond Earrings which is what I originally wanted, I just couldn't stomach the price.