Need help for a work bag

Hi, I've been looking around a while for a nice work tote that is professional yet stylish enough that I can also use on casual fridays as well. I do need for it to be big enough to carry a manila folder for days that I need to bring reading materials home. A lot of the bags I've seen either looks too professional when going from work to a night out or too stylish for work. Any suggestions anyone?

I have a black Chanel tote I use that fits a manila folder perfectly (i never zip it anyhow) and goes with everything inculding jeans. I suck at the style names but I will look it up.

I'm looking for something versatile, but reasonable pricing (not over $1000 but if it's worth the $$ I would consider)... goes with black so I guess anything black or gray? No exterior pockets are necessary but would like something that would enclose the whole bag, either top zip or flap.

Irishlass, I do love Chanel and do own several but I find it a little too much to bring to work (my boss already knows I like Chanel from some of the bags and sunglasses I wear to work....don't want her to think I'm getting paid too much... :P)... thanks for suggestion

You must check out the Ignes threads, there are many. Some of the women are lawyers who ordered work bags from them. The price point can not be beat and you get to customize your bag.

You must check out the Ignes threads, there are many. Some of the women are lawyers who ordered work bags from them. The price point can not be beat and you get to customize your bag.

Just what I was going to say. Lawyers and professors find bags for work that fit your description. Chiara comes to mind, and there are some new styles coming out this month.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions! I haven't heard of some of these brands before but am starting to learn... :woohoo: I think I'm going to go with the Ignes Chiara dark patent grey and the francis patent black... 2 for the price of one and socially responsible.....:yahoo: