Need help deciding!

meechelley

O.G.
Sep 1, 2008
I'm currently looking to add one more bag to my collection that is more for everyday use. The ones I've been eyeing lately are:
Loewe puzzle bag (medium or small) in Tan or Light Caramel
Pros: Love that its leather. Love the unique shape/design especially when it slouches. Love that its pretty lowkey and can be taken to work or somewhere I don't really want a label screaming at everyone. Can't decide between medium or small since I am 5' tall and alot of "medium" sized bags look too big.
1613106922341.png
LV Speedy 25
Pros: I heard the canvas is really durable and that its a good carefree bag.
1613107068123.png
Tory Burch Kira in Cloud Blue
Pros: Love love the color! Love that its leather.
Con: I already own a Small Loulou which has a similar shape/feel
1613107820581.png
I don't have any of the brands in my collection yet so they would be firsts :biggrin: Any insights or advice would be helpful and appreciated!

Since the speedy was on every 5 bags to have and to hold and the market is flooded with fakes, you either love or hate this one. I don't think there is a middle ground anymore.

If you already have the Loulou, I think the TB is redundant. Also read heaps of bad stories about it and that turned me off. I don't know how you feel about Rebecca Minkoff but I love Edie and it looks very much the same. They don't have a blue one. I feel light blue is everywhere now so I get the need for a blue bag.

I would pick the puzzle. The tan with silver hardware feels more edgy. The light caramel with gold hardware feels more classic. But I am thinking about the light caramel to, unless they make something more taupe, so I am very much biased.

Since the speedy was on every 5 bags to have and to hold and the market is flooded with fakes, you either love or hate this one. I don't think there is a middle ground anymore.

If you already have the Loulou, I think the TB is redundant. Also read heaps of bad stories about it and that turned me off. I don't know how you feel about Rebecca Minkoff but I love Edie and it looks very much the same. They don't have a blue one. I feel light blue is everywhere now so I get the need for a blue bag.

I would pick the puzzle. The tan with silver hardware feels more edgy. The light caramel with gold hardware feels more classic. But I am thinking about the light caramel to, unless they make something more taupe, so I am very much biased.

I agree with you on the middle ground for the Speedy. Its always just been on my list of maybes and figured it might be the time to own it. I have owned Rebecca Minkoff bags in the past.. I haven't looked at them in a long time. Thanks for the suggestion!

I did see that they came out with this color in the puzzle that is taupe-ish.
1613492411564.png

Reactions: Egel
What else do you have in your collection? How would these choices fit within your whole collection?

Of the three options you identified, I prefer the Puzzle bag.

I have a few Coach collabs (Pac-man and Star Wars), Kate Spade crossbody (plain basic black leather), and a Senreve Maestro. I had sold off quite a few of my bags that I had lost my love for so I have a pretty minimal collection today.
I have been using my Coach Star Wars tote as my everyday today but found that its too large for my everyday needs. I tend to be pretty minimalist on what I carry.. mostly just keys, a bi-fold wallet, hand sanitizer and phone. I find that when I have larger bags, I stuff them with receipts and everything just gets lost in the mess lol.

I agree with you on the middle ground for the Speedy. Its always just been on my list of maybes and figured it might be the time to own it. I have owned Rebecca Minkoff bags in the past.. I haven't looked at them in a long time. Thanks for the suggestion!

I did see that they came out with this color in the puzzle that is taupe-ish.
View attachment 4992577
The speedy is a classic but the puzzle is less recognisable. I love that. And you mentioned slouchyness. The puzzle looks better slouched. That taupe color is gorgeous but the straps are a little off putting, but maybe I can get used to it. I wanted a bigger size to use as a travel bag and unfortunately we're not going anywhere soon anyway.

I suggest you look on YOu Tube at reviews of each one of these. It is nice to see the pros and cons. I love the Puzzle but would not buy one because according to the reviews getting into it is a pain. But I confess that my biggest dealbreaker is a too small opening.