Need help deciding which class to purchase

jchen815

O.G.
Nov 30, 2012
Hello ladies! I wanted to get your opinion if I should get a red lambskin SHW or beige caviar GHW classic flap. I had my heart set on the red, but when I saw the beige I wanted it too!!

I like red because it stands but I'm not sure it will be as "timeless" and classic as the beige. The red is lambskin while the beige is caviar leather. I'm worried that the beige can get dirty more quickly tho since it's a lighter color...but it should be more durable because it's caviar? I'm planning on using this only as a special occasion bag.

Also, for ladies that have vintage bags, how does the beige "age" versus the red? Does the beige becoming yellowy? How about the red? Does it loose it's shine? I would love to pass this along to my future daughter!! :smile:

Thank you all for your help in fueling the start of my Chanel addiction/collection

image-2629552957.jpg

I vote the red too. It is classic and if you love the red tone, go for it as the red always changes. The beige will be there next year! As for the lamb skin, if you are using it for special occasions, it will be fine, especially if you store it well. Lamb skin gets a bad rap. It is delicate but its not that bad. LOL.

Funny, I was a bit puzzled by your title!:P I think the red looks amazing on you. Definitely has a classic but youthful vibe which I think suits you in your photo. The beige will always be there if you choose to get it one day, but reds are always different. Red one looks simply divine on you! HTH! Good luck deciding!

Definitely the red! Red is one of the Chanel classic must haves and it's not very easy to find a good red flap. The shade changes from season to season and sometimes the waiting lists are long and you may or may not get called for it.