Need help deciding on a bag

crystal_cat

Apr 23, 2015
Hello, I'm needing advice! I'm torn between two bags, both pre-owned Versace. It's really a choice between the heart and the head. The first bag, the Demetra, is just beautiful. But it's at the top top end of my budget and I worry that I will feel guilty spending so much money on just a bag. The second option, the Altea, shows more signs of wear so I'll be more comfortable wearing it as an everyday work bag. Plus it's a lot larger than I'm used to, so it will be useful for taking on trips etc. It's also way way under budget.

Help!
Screenshot_20180320-185439.jpgScreenshot_20180320-185325.jpg

I'm curious - do you love the Altea as an everyday work bag just as much as you would love the Demetra as a dressier bag? Btw, I think they're both gorgeous, just different vibes. I kind of like the Altea better! I think I would like the Altea with continued wear better than I would like the Demetra with wear as time goes on. But I am a practical and vintage vibe girl at heart rather than a dressy one, so that would make sense :smile:

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
I'm curious - do you love the Altea as an everyday work bag just as much as you would love the Demetra as a dressier bag? Btw, I think they're both gorgeous, just different vibes. I kind of like the Altea better! I think I would like the Altea with continued wear better than I would like the Demetra with wear as time goes on. But I am a practical and vintage vibe girl at heart rather than a dressy one, so that would make sense :smile:
I think I would use the Demetra occasionally for work, but more for days when I want to feel fancy lol. The Altea could be used for work, as an overnight bag if necessary and also for more casual shopping/coffee days. So definitely I'd get more use out of it and feel more comfortable with the price point (half of the Demetra).

I'm leaning towards the Altea and then saving and waiting for the Demetra to show up for sale in a more funky colour. So eventually I'd have the two bags.

But if I bought the black Demetra, it would probably satisfy my itch and that would be my only purchase from this design range.

Reactions: DZK
Enjoy your bags! The one you'll get now, and the one in the future. Totally living vicariously through you - would love to see pics if you get it. And I bet it will look even better with some TLC.

If it's the money that's worrying you about the Demetra, consider this; it's still within your budget and, if you feel like you want to sell it, it's probably going to return more money once you sell it. It's also more likely easier to sell than a bag that's got more wear and tear.

Then again, if I was getting a crazy deal on Altea, I'd go for it and either have it restored or do a little DIY...

Thank you both for the great advice. In the end I went with the Altea - admittedly it is my second favourite but I will feel much more comfortable carrying it, as it is more practical and less dressy. And it was so cheap, I can't imagine finding it later at such a bargain.

I'll post pics when it arrives, I'm really looking forward to rehabbing it and giving it a good home!

Reactions: papertiger
It arrived! Please excuse the messy staff room photo, I just couldn't wait to get home before opening and posing lol!

The leather is beautiful and soft, although it has signs of wear it just adds to the personality of the bag I think. I'm really happy with my choice, I think I'm in love [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

IMG_20180327_124334.jpgIMG_20180327_124351.jpg