Need advice with metallic choices...please

Israeli_Flava

Counting My Blessings 1 Birkin At A Time ;)
O.G.
Nov 26, 2009
A few days ago I posted a metallic silver Gucci Sukey bag that I recently purchased from NM. One tPF member kindly advised me that the metallic color on that particular bag tends to flake and the color fades over time (as she owns the wallet in the same color). So here's my option & dilemma... Keeping in mind, I own NO metallic bags.

1. I can exchange the Gucci for the 08 Chanel dark silver/grey metallic large camera case. Aside from preferring Chanel over Gucci (hands down)... I'm concerned about the flaking/chipping/peeling effect.

2. Return the Sukey and not purchase either bag.

For those of you with metallic Chanel bags (or this particular bag), have you had problems with flaking/color fading/peeling over time?

TIA to anyone who can assist me with this decision. My head hurts from frustration :flowers:

I have read a in a few threads that some members have had problem with the Chanel metallic bags flaking,rubbing and peeling. I believe that this is a common problem with most metallic bags and it is something to keep in mind. I have a few metallic bags (I :heart: metallics) and I have had no problems with any of them. I am quite careful with my bags too.

Thanks for your input flahy.stems...

Thanks Pro_shopper. I :heart: metallics too and I think I am getting really pressed for a silver one. I got the Gucci because it is stunning but I prefer Chanel over any brand. When my SA told me about the camera case I almost fainted but I do not want to make a rush decision for ANY metallic and then regret it later.... what to do...what to do??? augh.

Hey dear,

Like you I have had no problems whatsoever with my DS reissue.. but I have read many probs with others. Which other mettallics do you have??

I have read a in a few threads that some members have had problem with the Chanel metallic bags flaking,rubbing and peeling. I believe that this is a common problem with most metallic bags and it is something to keep in mind. I have a few metallic bags (I :heart: metallics) and I have had no problems with any of them. I am quite careful with my bags too.

Hey dear,

Like you I have had no problems whatsoever with my DS reissue.. but I have read many probs with others. Which other mettallics do you have??

Hey A!

For Chanel I do not have many metallics...my ds reissue and my soon to be mine clutch. I have had metallics in other bags as well and had no problems...Versace, LV, Gucci, Pauric Sweeney Metallic Python.

Last edited:
Wow that is quite a diverse collection!!! You have excellent taste in metallics!!! :graucho:

Hey A!

For Chanel I do not have many metallics...my ds reissue and my soon to be mine clutch. I have had metallics in other bags as well and had no problems...Versace, LV, Gucci, Pauric Sweeney Metallic Python.