Need advice on what bag to take on vacation to Florida.

Shasta

Ms. GoLightly
O.G.
Aug 16, 2006
We leave on Monday for Florida. We live in Wa state, so this is a big trip. The plan is to surprise our 3 kids (10, 9, and 5) with Disney WOrld. I know that I am going to need a big bag to carry on the airport, at DW, sightseeing etc. The dilemma is do I take one of my bbag works that I love, or take my LV Batignolles horizontal? I am really sick of LV (I overdosed in my early 20's) but the canvas can really take a beating. Do I take a bbag or the LV? Help!

I wouldn't take a work, because it doesn't have a strap. Actually, I wouldn't take a Bbag at all, because I'd be worried about soda, cottan candy and gum somehow getting on the bag :wtf: :nogood:

I say go with the LV, because it's canvas. Does it have a shoulder strap? (Sorry, I'm not familiar with LV styles.)

Hope you have lots of fun in FL :yahoo:

Having lived in orlando for some time and going to the theme parks on a regular basis, I have learned one thing..... never bring a bag that I love! I usually go in sneakers and a bag that I dont care will get wet, smushed in lockers, touched by people, spilling of food, etc. Not a good idea. I would bring it if I were going out at night or to dinner but never at theme parks! Have fun!!

Last edited:
I WOULD NOT TAKE A BAL! USE THE LV, PLEASE. IF YOU ARE GOING ON THE RIDES, YOU WILL GET WET, SOME, REALLY WET! AND FOOD IS EVERYWHERE IT SHOULDN'T BE. A HAZARDOUS PLACE FOR A B-BAG.:nogood:

I travel alot and this is how I roll:

GH Work or Day for the airplane and shopping around town (for your "I feel fabulous" Bal fix):wlae:. Other small bag as evening bag (Bal first or Chanel Flap for me). I fit this bag in my Work. Crappy tote or messenger for when you feel your bag will be in harms way (ya know something you got for free with cosmetics purchase). You can fold this one up and pack it in suitcase.:yes:

Have fun!!!

I live in Florida and have visited many theme parks. Honestly, I wouldn't even take a purse. I ususally take a messenger bag or a backpack. Maybe you can use the excuse to go buy a nice backpack for you and your family. :yahoo: I agree with the other girls, your bag would get wet even if you weren't on the ride. Also, you may encounter a small shower during the day and then the sun will come back out...typical Florida weather. :sunshine: P.S. - I wouldn't want to leave it in the hotel either!!! Have fun and wear your sneakers.

Bring iT, BUT not to the theme parks...I traveled to WDW last month, and took my ruby work, black city, and a large Longchamp LE Pliage. I used the work as a carry-on. The city in the evenings, and for visiting the shops at dowtown disney. And the longchamp for the theme parks.

We stayed at a disney resort, totally safe, nonetheless, I locked the bags in my suitcase when we left the room. I've also traveled to WDW, with LV.

I LOVE WDW, but I always feel a little weird though, as the whole disney culture is fanny-packs, mom-jeans, and sneaks...

Have a wonderful trip!

I vote for LV BH for the reasons most mentioned before me. BUT the BH does not zip shut, would that pose a problem? Otherwise a messenger styled bag or backpack would be great.

I would still take LV or Bbag to Florida for dinner or shopping but not to WD.

I have 3 kids so I know what you mean. I usually take my LV Pochette for my wallet & cell. and carry big Patent or Vinyl tote bag for drinks, hand towel, food, antibacterial gel, wet tissue and etc. I always carry so much cuz you never know what you might need when you have little ones with you.