Need advice on Montsouris backpack.

Dec 26, 2005
I know this might be an odd question, but I haven’t worn a backpack in almost 30 years. I decided to take the plunge and buy the empreinte backpack because it’s just so pretty! Bringing it home and putting my stuff in - I don’t carry much - compact wallet, eyeglass case, toiletry 15, small agenda, keys and phone. I feel like it’s so heavy on my back and the pulling of the straps seems tight. My husband thinks I’m a bit nuts and tells me I’ll get used to it. I carry the same thing in a crossbody V tote mm and Blanche mm but never really noticed it. My question is, will I get used to this? Does it take time to adjust to wearing a backpack vs a handbag? Any opinions would really help! Thanks so much!

I don't have this backpack, but can you try adjusting the straps so it sits higher on your back? I found that if I wear backpacks too low, then it stresses the shoulders more. I think having the weight closer to your body makes wearing the backpack more comfortable in general (even though I think it's trendier to have it lower down). And yes I would say there is probably an adjustment period, a backpack will pull differently on you than a shoulder or crossbody bag, but I don't really feel it should be that big of an adjustment.

Reactions: sweetlikechocolate
I don't have this backpack, but can you try adjusting the straps so it sits higher on your back? I found that if I wear backpacks too low, then it stresses the shoulders more. I think having the weight closer to your body makes wearing the backpack more comfortable in general (even though I think it's trendier to have it lower down). And yes I would say there is probably an adjustment period, a backpack will pull differently on you than a shoulder or crossbody bag, but I don't really feel it should be that big of an adjustment.