Need advice on how to make vachetta patina faster!

baglvr2012

O.G.
Apr 13, 2013
Hi all,
I would love to hear proven ways to make vachetta patina faster. I just purchased a bag with a lot of vachetta but love the honey color and cannot wait 1+ years to see that happen naturally.
Would love to hear proven (safe) methods!
Thanks!

Reactions: Namwan-
I watched a youtube video where an owner used water based wipes with no fragrance in them, wiped down the bag after every single use. I think he also put into window to get sun and turned it to do both sides. A very natural way with no chemicals and his bags had a nice honey shade. Mine are all epi leather so I haven't personally tried.

found it

I once tried wiping mine with wet wipes and regretted it till now. luckily i only tried it in vachetta tab. What i do is i put it in my window and get it tan for 3-4days. i rotate the sides after an hour. when i go out i intentionally put my bag where the sun hits. that case it patina faster. i still get water marks but not visible as when i have a raw vachetta.

I once tried wiping mine with wet wipes and regretted it till now. luckily i only tried it in vachetta tab. What i do is i put it in my window and get it tan for 3-4days. i rotate the sides after an hour. when i go out i intentionally put my bag where the sun hits. that case it patina faster. i still get water marks but not visible as when i have a raw vachetta.
Thanks for the input cielopark! So, you don't recommend wiping it down with baby wipes (just like what the video mentioned above)? What happened to your vachetta after wiping it down?
Thanks!