Need advice ASAP re Dior coeur des papillon

Keep Lady Dior or Exchange for DJoy or WOC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stacy_natalie

Aug 28, 2015
I recently purchased the Lady Dior (small size) in the beautiful coeur des papillon motif with the red butterflies. This was totally an impulse buy as I was really on a mission to see a Chanel bag that was on hold for me when I popped in next door just to say a quick hello to my SA at Dior (located next door to Chanel in Saks). I was immediately mesmerized with this bag and opted for it over the Chanel on a whim. They had both the lady dior and the small D-Joy in same print. I really liked both but ended up with the ABCDior bc I had to make a quick choice as the store was closing in 5 minutes. I never even inquired about price I just grabbed the lady dior...and I love it. But now I realize the price difference between the 2 bags is pretty steep, as is the difference between the d-joy and the very similar sized miss dior mini (more like a WOC style bag) in same print. I am wondering if I should exchange the lady dior for one of the other styles so I can still enjoy this print but also use money towards something else. Or if it's worth the extra money paid for the lady dior which is a bit bigger than other 2 bags. I haven't used bag yet and today is my last day I could make an exchange. Here is a photo of the 3 bags ($1300-2k price difference between each). For reference I have 1 medium djoy in white/ gold zodiac butterfly print and a medium lady dior in fuschia toile de jouy voyage print.

Attachments

• InCollage_20240215_113236249.jpg
    InCollage_20240215_113236249.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
The price difference reflects the fact that Lady D is considered a classic bag. "The" bag from Dior. Whether you care to own a classic (but without the classic Cannage stitching) and whether it is worth paying extra to own a classic is up to you. If you do not care for the classic design, I recommend Miss Dior. D-Joy sits oddly and looks odd to me.

Last edited:
The price difference reflects the fact that Lady D is considered a classic bag. "THE" bag from Dior. Whether you care to own a classic (but without the classic Cannage stitching) and whether it is worth paying extra to own a classic is up to you. If you do not care for the classic design, I recommend Miss Dior. D-Joy sits oddly and looks odd to me.
Thanks and I understand. I do already own a lady dior and a djoy (I actually think the shape is cute). I don't care much about "classics" so much as just buying what I like for my own enjoyment. I was torn initially between the lady dior and the djoy and had a hard time deciding in the 2 minutes I had to make a decision lol (didn't see the miss dior until after the fact). Appreciate your input.

Last edited:
I would keep the Lady Dior. Clearly this was your top choice before you became aware of the price difference. Also, I am not a fan of the new Miss Dior bag. It looks too commercial to me, and I dislike the placement of the charms dead smack in the middle. The charms should have been asymmetrical. Just personal preference. The Miss Dior will eventually be discontinued, too, as it is not a classic bag.

I would definitely keep the LD. I personally prefer the size and shape of it to the D-joy. I agree with averagejoe, in that I’m not a fan of the Miss Dior bag either. JMO, but I find it too cutesy, and I’m not sure if you’ve held the chain, but it’s pretty chintzy, and not very comfortable. I think it’s adorable, but looks more like a makeup bag to me than a purse. JMO, of course!

Reactions: averagejoe
I would keep the Lady Dior. Clearly this was your top choice before you became aware of the price difference. Also, I am not a fan of the new Miss Dior bag. It looks too commercial to me, and I dislike the placement of the charms dead smack in the middle. The charms should have been asymmetrical. Just personal preference. The Miss Dior will eventually be discontinued, too, as it is not a classic bag.
Thank you. I agree, I saw the miss dior at heathrow Airport last week and wasn't blown away. I think I was trying to make myself like bc in my warped mind I could justify buying another bag with with the "savings" lol I did like the other 2 in the store and did love the Lady dior when I unpacked it at home.

Reactions: averagejoe
I would definitely keep the LD. I personally prefer the size and shape of it to the D-joy. I agree with averagejoe, in that I’m not a fan of the Miss Dior bag either. JMO, but I find it too cutesy, and I’m not sure if you’ve held the chain, but it’s pretty chintzy, and not very comfortable. I think it’s adorable, but looks more like a makeup bag to me than a purse. JMO, of course!
Thank you. Seems the consensus is to keep the Lady Dior, which would save me a 1.5 hour round-trip drive to the boutique 😆

Thank you. Seems the consensus is to keep the Lady Dior, which would save me a 1.5 hour round-trip drive to the boutique 😆

:lol:

I don’t mean to add to your dilemma, but I think I’d go to the boutique and see the other pieces you’re considering. You spent a lot of money on your bag, YOU should be completely happy with your decision!

:lol:

I don’t mean to add to your dilemma, but I think I’d go to the boutique and see the other pieces you’re considering. You spent a lot of money on your bag, YOU should be completely happy with your decision!
I did get to see them all in person and I liked both the djoy and lady dior but ultimately decided on the lady dior only bc I have a djoy (bigger size) with a butterfly motif - the gold not the red.

Reactions: BagLadyT
Hello I’m under the same exact dilema as you but I came in thinking I was finally going the get my First Lady Dior in black as I don’t own black purses because I’ve been waiting on her I go in the store they have that gorgeous collection I did come home with the medium black lady Dior show my kids and tell em I was indecisive with that collection my oldest tells me it’s beautiful he loves red by the way and I also have to mention both my boys bdays are on valentines and my daughter loves butterflies so to me it’s like a have to have a piece of this collection please please help me I also saw the lady d lite as you know it’s not leather so I’m a bit afraid of the white I have always wanted to get a book tote it’s kind a like killing 2 birds with one stone but I also feel like I’m letting go of my dream black lady Dior but also black is always go be in store and this collection once it’s gone it’s gone I also feel that with the print maybe the miss Dior mini just to go out the lady d joy I love the straps and of course i feel like the one you kept I was also drawn the most to that one but like I said I feel that black would be better in that particular purse ugh help please

@yazmar I think you should definitely get something from the coeur des papillons if you love it. I am a big believer in having things that are symbolic, especially reminiscent of your children. You had me at boys' birthdays are valentines day. This collection will be limited and you may regret not getting it and be stuck waiting around hoping to get one resale one day (with no guarantee what will be available or in what condition).

As you stated, black will always be available and if you don't want to wait, I suspect that for what you paid for a medium lady dior, you could get both one of the smaller coeur des papillons from boutique (I personally prefer the leather print over the canvas designs in this collection,) and a black lady dior resale. I just did a quick Google search and there are many available online for a fraction of the price. I believe fashionphile is reputable and they have several ranging from $2-4k. They usually have reps willing to text you more detailed pics so you can better see condition of bag. If it were me, that's what I would do without hesitation.

Let us know what you decide!

ETA: My first lady dior was the limited Toile De Jouy Voyage not bc I even loved the bag that much but bc my daughter loves pink elephants!

Last edited:
I recently purchased the Lady Dior (small size) in the beautiful coeur des papillon motif with the red butterflies. This was totally an impulse buy as I was really on a mission to see a Chanel bag that was on hold for me when I popped in next door just to say a quick hello to my SA at Dior (located next door to Chanel in Saks). I was immediately mesmerized with this bag and opted for it over the Chanel on a whim. They had both the lady dior and the small D-Joy in same print. I really liked both but ended up with the ABCDior bc I had to make a quick choice as the store was closing in 5 minutes. I never even inquired about price I just grabbed the lady dior...and I love it. But now I realize the price difference between the 2 bags is pretty steep, as is the difference between the d-joy and the very similar sized miss dior mini (more like a WOC style bag) in same print. I am wondering if I should exchange the lady dior for one of the other styles so I can still enjoy this print but also use money towards something else. Or if it's worth the extra money paid for the lady dior which is a bit bigger than other 2 bags. I haven't used bag yet and today is my last day I could make an exchange. Here is a photo of the 3 bags ($1300-2k price difference between each). For reference I have 1 medium djoy in white/ gold zodiac butterfly print and a medium lady dior in fuschia toile de jouy voyage print.
First of all, this collection is beautiful!! I would have had trouble choosing myself. The Lady Dior is the classic bag, the style will never leave the brand so you can trust that it will be in fashion decades into the future. That's what your extra money is going towards. Dior's other bags (with the exception of the saddle) are 'it' bags for a couple of years before they're discontinued and never seen again, like the diorama. That said, I probably would have gone for the miss Dior mini because I wear smaller, more delicate bags.

• Insightful
Reactions: stacy_natalie
Hello I’m under the same exact dilema as you but I came in thinking I was finally going the get my First Lady Dior in black as I don’t own black purses because I’ve been waiting on her I go in the store they have that gorgeous collection I did come home with the medium black lady Dior show my kids and tell em I was indecisive with that collection my oldest tells me it’s beautiful he loves red by the way and I also have to mention both my boys bdays are on valentines and my daughter loves butterflies so to me it’s like a have to have a piece of this collection please please help me I also saw the lady d lite as you know it’s not leather so I’m a bit afraid of the white I have always wanted to get a book tote it’s kind a like killing 2 birds with one stone but I also feel like I’m letting go of my dream black lady Dior but also black is always go be in store and this collection once it’s gone it’s gone I also feel that with the print maybe the miss Dior mini just to go out the lady d joy I love the straps and of course i feel like the one you kept I was also drawn the most to that one but like I said I feel that black would be better in that particular purse ugh help please
I think you should keep the black Lady Dior. While the butterfly bag may have more meaning in relation to your children, there may be a reason why you still chose the black Lady Dior instead. It is the classic Lady Dior, and won't look dated nor identifiable by collection/year.

Reactions: lovieluvslux