Food Need a pie for Christmas

Zophie

Feb 14, 2007
I asked my mom if she had ordered a pie for Christmas, and she said no, that was up to me. I love pie and I only eat it at the holidays, so I've got to figure out where to get a good pie. I don't think I'd dare try to make one since I'm not much of a cook. I would prefer a pecan or pecan/chocolate pie or maybe a pumpkin pie. Anyone know where to get a good one premade or how to easily make one maybe? I have no clue. Last year I made the mistake of buying a pumpkin pie at Winn Dixie and it tasted like cardboard.

I really like this recipe,

Eggnog Custard Pie Recipe courtesy Jamie DeenShow
: Paula's PartyEpisode: Holiday Party
spacer.gif
IP0310_Eggnog_Custard_Pie_e.jpg
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie crust
1 cup sugar
4 large eggs
1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup light rum
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Whipped cream, for garnish
Powdered sugar, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
On a lightly floured surface, unroll pie crust. Roll pastry into a 12-inch circle. Press pie crust into a 9-inch deep dish pie plate, crimping edges, if desired. Lightly poke holes into the bottom of the dough once it's fitted firmly in the plate.
In a large bowl, beat sugar and eggs at medium speed with an electric mixer until well combined. Add evaporated milk, water, rum and salt. Beat at low speed until combined. Pour mixture into crust. Sprinkle top of pie with nutmeg and cinnamon. Place pie onto a rimmed baking sheet with a depth of 1/2-inch. Add hot water to baking sheet. Bake for about 55 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cut into desired sizes and garnish with whipped cream and powdered sugar.

or this one

Cherry Pie with Lattice Top Recipe courtesy Sandra LeeShow: Food Network SpecialsEpisode: All-Star Desserts
spacer.gif
sr0101_cherrypie_e.jpg
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
1 can cherry pie filling
12 ounces frozen mixed berries, drained
1 tablespoon Kirsch (cherry liqueur)
1 box ready made pie crust
Flour, for dusting
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon sugar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine cherry pie filling, mixed berries and kirsch. Set aside. Gently unfold bottom crust onto floured pie dish. Pour berry filling into unbaked crust. Using a pie pan as a guide, cut a circle for the top crust from a sheet of pie crust. Use a lattice cutter to create a pattern, and generously flour each piece so that pieces of lattice do not stick. Top pie with lattice strips and flute the edge of the pie with a fork. Brush top crust with beaten egg and sprinkle lightly with sugar. Bake for 40 minutes, or until bubbling appears in the middle of pie. Cover pie with aluminum foil halfway through baking. Let sit for 20 minutes before serving

if you like you can find more recipes @ http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/ck_holiday_baking/0,3151,FOOD_28176,00.htmlthey are so easy to make!

I got all my menu planed thanks to foodnetwork, lol.

ahhh, those recipes look good (especially the eggnog pie!!!), but I think it's too late. :sad: My mom bought some various frozen pies and a cheesecake, so hopefully one of them will be at least decent.