Natural Barenia Owners: How wearable is your Barenia....really???

It's funny you posted this and I just saw it. I was very close to buying the H Hour watch with a natural berenia double tour strap. The SA had it on but I saw how dark it gad gotten and I just didn't love how dark it got. I love when leathers change but the color this changed to made me unable to wear the watch with black. I ended up going with the gold epsom regular strap.

What a great thread that somehow I missed. Again I have been away for work lasy few weeks. This is interesting because I have always felt Barenia was too casual for me but loved the picture of thimp's in all white and 880 in all black with Barenia.
I lead a formal life, unless I am home and then in black skinny pants turtlenecks or skirts. Perhaps could expand that to white ala thimp?
For me that is casual.
However I am almost 5'8 and prefer a 30 Birkin and 28 Kelly.
I am thinking of Barenia, but HOW MUCH heavier is it ladies?
Like 880 I actually use my bags and am sensitive to weight of my bags.

I find my 35 Barenia Birkin to feel quite a bit heavier to carry than my 35 Box Birkin (of course) but also my 35 togo birkin. It feels quite a bit heavier with nothing in it, much less with stuff inside it.....I love the look of the Barenia on others when I see pictures here on TPF, but then when I wear it myself, I tend to not like it as much and end up reaching for my other H bags.......:weird:

You look gorgeous!!! Thanks for all the action shots.

Barenia is a really casual leather. I have a barenia Sherpa backpack and a barenia/toile 35 birkin. My lifestyle is informal and I bought the birkin to be a spring/summer/fall bag. On most days, I wear JCrew, khackis, layers and a jean jacket. I wouldn't wear it with anything dressy or fussy, Escada, Chanel and Rena Lange come to mind.

I am about 880's size too, but I love big bags. It's funny but my Barenia/Toile is wider than my other birkins...hmmm.

Attachments

• Me&BT.JPG
    Me&BT.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 569
I find my 35 Barenia Birkin to feel quite a bit heavier to carry than my 35 Box Birkin (of course) but also my 35 togo birkin. It feels quite a bit heavier with nothing in it, much less with stuff inside it.....I love the look of the Barenia on others when I see pictures here on TPF, but then when I wear it myself, I tend to not like it as much and end up reaching for my other H bags.......:weird:
Excellent info psa and I thank you so much~
I have a feeling Barenia however gorgeous is not for me.
Will happily look at all the beautiful ladies here wear theirs~alas I am not very
country chic~no chance of horses or country estates in my future.
In fact not likely me even visiting any in the future to even pretend~
I will love Barenia from afar and with the utmost appreciation~~

Excellent info psa and I thank you so much~
I have a feeling Barenia however gorgeous is not for me.
Will happily look at all the beautiful ladies here wear theirs~alas I am not very
country chic~no chance of horses or country estates in my future.
In fact not likely me even visiting any in the future to even pretend~
I will love Barenia from afar and with the utmost appreciation~~

I am with you TT - it looks a little "Cape Cod" for the city in my opinion. Maybe an UES look but not a downtown one. Natural barenia can also look blotchy very easily too - I know folks say that is the charm of it, but I dont consider it a urban or contemporary look, more of a country/retro one, perhaps the decor in a Ralph Lauren store.

I am with you TT - it looks a little "Cape Cod" for the city in my opinion. Maybe an UES look but not a downtown one. Natural barenia can also look blotchy very easily too - I know folks say that is the charm of it, but I dont consider it a urban or contemporary look, more of a country/retro one, perhaps the decor in a Ralph Lauren store.
ITA
I think the blotches would make me crazy. Too Type A I am afraid.

i love my barenia bags & accessories... and would not trade them for anything. they are casual and just relaxed... not blingy at all. comfortable in its own skin. not trying to be anything else... they just are what they are... and when they encounter a little scratch, they bounce back after some TLC.

so wearable with jeans definitely. all black. all white. beige. even color.

they look wonderful with casual outfits, so i think it depends what you like to wear. :smile:

but i have always had a love affair with barenia. i knew i loved it the moment i saw it. i didn't need any convincing. on the other hand, with some other leathers and colors, i needed to think about it... which means, maybe barenia is really for me!

what i'm saying is... go with your gut feel. :smile:

Love natural barenia! For me, it's very wearable. But then, I am also a very casual person. I love wearing my natural barenia with jeans (it looks esp. great with whites!) Really, natural barenia looks great with almost anything...when done in a casual way. Here's a very old pic of me and my 30cm natural barenia.

Thanks for the pics and i love the discussions here!! I am dreaming of a 35 as i have a very High/Low style. Im 5'7" and on a good day about 140 :smile:. I love hermes bags paired with jcrew etc.. just jeans and a simple tee with a GREAT bag and great shoes make an outfit for me!! LOVE the natural barenia and i visualize wearing mine when i travel with the kids. i feel like the 35 could be the perfect carry on bag--and could handle getting roughed up on a plane whether i have to put it in the overhead of under my seat!!

Congrats on finding yours!!!