Travel Naples, FL, in January

boxermom

O.G.
Aug 26, 2006
I already checked 2 older threads on Naples and still have a couple questions. We'll be at a beach resort with a connection to a golf course for DH. I've looked up the shopping areas in old Naples and the high end Waterside Shops at Pelican Bay.

Is the art museum worth a visit? I'm fascinated by Chihuly glass work and it looks like they have some there. I have tickets to Les Miz at the Philharmonic while we are there, also.

Any other Naples sights that are not to be missed? After our time there, we are taking Alligator Alley to Miami Beach for a couple days, then drive back to NC. I used to live in Pompano Beach, FL, so I'm a little bit familiar with the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale/Boca areas though I'm sure it's changed a LOT since I was there last.

any ideas are welcome! TIA:biggrin:.

I LOVE Naples. I've been trying to convince my parents to buy a house there. You absolutely have to go to Isle of Capri Fishhouse: http://www.caprifishhouse.com/
It's this little thatched roof restaurant, but the food & view are killer. When we were there, dolphins were doing flips right in front of us. I swear, from the website it doesn't look like much, but we're still talking about how much fun we had there & we haven't been back in over a year.

Alligator Alley is great. Be sure to switch drivers halfway through the trip so that everyone gets an equal opportunity to see the gators without driving off the road :smile:

Fish house at Isle of Capri has the best Grouper Francaise ever. Also, Groupers on the way out of Naples is a super casual great seafood restaurant, owner used to own La Maison on miami beach before he went to Naples.

^^this restaurant sounds made to order for my husband!!! Will be sure to go there. Thanks, ladies, for the good tips. I always get the best ideas here for when we travel.

I adore Naples! You have to go watch the sunset at the huge pier. It's absolutely breathtaking. We also dined outside at Tommy Bahamas when I went and it was a really fun, casual, relaxing night. My aunt has a house there & I hope to go back soon!