Nano Antigona Review (w/Pics)

lovesbags267

Mar 9, 2019
Hi all!
I recently purchased a nano Antigona, and thought a review might be useful because there's not much information about this size online. First, some background:

I've been a long time fan of the Antigona line but held off on purchasing because I have a large tote/tiny crossbody kind of life (even after covid... go figure), and the Mini size is a good deal larger than my ideal tiny bag size. I struggle to find my personal items in totes, and end up using a little crossbody to keep my phone, keys, and wallet handy while out and about, so I might be the only person on the purseforum who's really A+ excited by this tiny bag trend....

In 2018 while browsing Nordstrom's website for teeny tiny crossbodies I stumbled across a Sherpani crossbody wristlet (pic below) that was clearly "Antigona inspired", but made from canvas instead of leather. You know how they say buy a cheaper, similar, bag before you buy designer to see if it would work for you? I did that by accident, and totally recommend it :biggrin:. I ended up using the Sherpani daily, and have essentially given up on other small bags in my closet (camera bags mostly, and they're too large...) so when I realized there was a Nano Antigona it was a no-brainer purchase.

Having had it a few weeks now, I can say that it's essentially the bag I've had and loved for two years, but about 2000% nicer. For example, the card slot actually holds cards. (Crazy, I know.) The zipper is sturdy but easy to open and close, the strap drop was perfect for crossbody on the default setting (I'm 5'8" so that might not be true for smaller ladies), and there's a nice set of pins and a loop to keep the end of the adjustable portion of the strap from flipping up over time. My favorite thing about this bag, though, is the way it lays against my body - it just sits on my hip and stays put. Doesn't stick out particularly, doesn't slide around, just hangs out being a purse within easy reach.

Totally stuffed, this purse fits:

-1 trifold wallet
-1 face mask
-1 phone (not pictured, because camera, also I have a Moto Gsomething so it's not a huuuge phone)
-1 eyeglasses cleaning cloth
-1 pen
-1 little tube of hand lotion or sanitizer (could probably fit both, actually - I'm out of hand sanitizer)
-keys
*my sunglasses live on my head and never in my purse so I didn't test that out, but you could fit them in there if you used the card slot instead of a full wallet, which is what that trifold essentially is.

With room to spare, this purse fits:

-1 face mask
-1 pen
-1 little tube of lotion or hand sanitizer, or both
-keys
- 1 phone
-lots of receipts

Lastly, while both the website and Neiman Marcus/Saks/Nordstrom etc said the Nano came in calfskin only, the bag I received was sugar goat. I'm actually super happy it's not calfskin - sugar goat is my favorite leather and part of why I buy Givenchy.

Hope this is helpful to anyone else looking at the Nano. :smile:
Let me know if you have any other questions/want pics at another angle. nanofullpic.jpgsherpanicrossbody.jpgwhatfitsroom.jpgwhatfitsstuffed.jpg

What a great review and ty for the background and pics. So helpful.

I love it when a bag ends up being perfectly aligned to a tpfer's lifestyle. Even better that you did your test drive with the sherpani.

I will be checking out the nano ant bc of this review.

Reactions: lovesbags267
Hi all!
I recently purchased a nano Antigona, and thought a review might be useful because there's not much information about this size online. First, some background:

I've been a long time fan of the Antigona line but held off on purchasing because I have a large tote/tiny crossbody kind of life (even after covid... go figure), and the Mini size is a good deal larger than my ideal tiny bag size. I struggle to find my personal items in totes, and end up using a little crossbody to keep my phone, keys, and wallet handy while out and about, so I might be the only person on the purseforum who's really A+ excited by this tiny bag trend....

In 2018 while browsing Nordstrom's website for teeny tiny crossbodies I stumbled across a Sherpani crossbody wristlet (pic below) that was clearly "Antigona inspired", but made from canvas instead of leather. You know how they say buy a cheaper, similar, bag before you buy designer to see if it would work for you? I did that by accident, and totally recommend it :biggrin:. I ended up using the Sherpani daily, and have essentially given up on other small bags in my closet (camera bags mostly, and they're too large...) so when I realized there was a Nano Antigona it was a no-brainer purchase.

Having had it a few weeks now, I can say that it's essentially the bag I've had and loved for two years, but about 2000% nicer. For example, the card slot actually holds cards. (Crazy, I know.) The zipper is sturdy but easy to open and close, the strap drop was perfect for crossbody on the default setting (I'm 5'8" so that might not be true for smaller ladies), and there's a nice set of pins and a loop to keep the end of the adjustable portion of the strap from flipping up over time. My favorite thing about this bag, though, is the way it lays against my body - it just sits on my hip and stays put. Doesn't stick out particularly, doesn't slide around, just hangs out being a purse within easy reach.

-1 trifold wallet
-1 face mask
-1 phone (not pictured, because camera, also I have a Moto Gsomething so it's not a huuuge phone)
-1 pen
-1 little tube of hand lotion or sanitizer (could probably fit both, actually - I'm out of hand sanitizer)
-keys
*my sunglasses live on my head and never in my purse so I didn't test that out, but you could fit them in there if you used the card slot instead of a full wallet, which is what that trifold essentially is.

-1 face mask
-1 pen
-keys
- 1 phone
-lots of receipts

Lastly, while both the website and Neiman Marcus/Saks/Nordstrom etc said the Nano came in calfskin only, the bag I received was sugar goat. I'm actually super happy it's not calfskin - sugar goat is my favorite leather and part of why I buy Givenchy.

Let me know if you have any other questions/want pics at another angle. View attachment 4817862View attachment 4817863View attachment 4817864View attachment 4817865

So cute! Glad it holds a good amount. I always admired the Mini Antigona, but my Marc Jacobs Mini Incognito is too similar in shape for me to go after one. This Nano Antigona will be on my radar now... it is elegant and the style looks versatile enough to go from day to night.

What a great review and ty for the background and pics. So helpful.

I love it when a bag ends up being perfectly aligned to a tpfer's lifestyle. Even better that you did your test drive with the sherpani.

I will be checking out the nano ant bc of this review.

So happy I could help, Randr! Please let me know if you decide to try one out, and what you think of it. I'm a little obsessed ;)

Thank you for the detailed, helpful review, and the pics! Glad you're so happy with your purchase. :yahoo:

Least I could do! The reviews others have posted here have helped me a ton with my purchases, so I'm just returning the favor. ^^
Also, thank you so much! I'm pretty ecstatic, honestly... I never thought market forces would align to bring me purse peace, let alone in the middle of a pandemic :amazed:

So cute! Glad it holds a good amount. I always admired the Mini Antigona, but my Marc Jacobs Mini Incognito is too similar in shape for me to go after one. This Nano Antigona will be on my radar now... it is elegant and the style looks versatile enough to go from day to night.

What a cutie the Mini Incognito is! Love the little 'face' that external zipper pocket gives it. I totally see why you wouldn't need a Mini Antigona with that in your closet! That was the only hold up I had when deciding to order the nano Antigona - I technically already owned the bag, and the Sherpani isn't exactly falling apart. It's really only a casual bag, though, which sealed the deal for the ant.
Happy browsing!!

Thanks for this info! I've had this bag on my wishlist for a few weeks, but was unsure about the size. Looks like it could fit most of what I carry on the weekend, but wonder about my phone. I have a Galaxy s20, which is close to the length of the bag, so it might be a really tight squeeze. Do you think a slim Rayban case would fit?

Thanks for this info! I've had this bag on my wishlist for a few weeks, but was unsure about the size. Looks like it could fit most of what I carry on the weekend, but wonder about my phone. I have a Galaxy s20, which is close to the length of the bag, so it might be a really tight squeeze. Do you think a slim Rayban case would fit?

If by 'slim' you mean 'fabric', then yes! Sunglasses would definitely fit unless they've got absolutely gigantic lenses. That said, I don't think you'd like having them in there- they'd take up most of the space in the bottom of the bag, so everything else would have to be stacked on top or removed/restacked every time you wanted to use your sunglasses.
.....Maybe it's time to get a cute glasses chain? They've been trending, so there's some gorgeous ones out now... ;)

Reactions: baghag91 and mgrnt
If by 'slim' you mean 'fabric', then yes! Sunglasses would definitely fit unless they've got absolutely gigantic lenses. That said, I don't think you'd like having them in there- they'd take up most of the space in the bottom of the bag, so everything else would have to be stacked on top or removed/restacked every time you wanted to use your sunglasses.
.....Maybe it's time to get a cute glasses chain? They've been trending, so there's some gorgeous ones out now... ;)

Thanks so much for the info! I mostly carry my sunglasses case so if it gets dark while I'm out and about, or I'm going to be inside for a while, I have somewhere to put them. But not a dealbreaker if I can't always carry it. I think I really just need to see one in person to make sure my phone will fit. That *definitely* would be a dealbreaker! I swear, phones get bigger while bags get smaller:P

Thanks so much for the info! I mostly carry my sunglasses case so if it gets dark while I'm out and about, or I'm going to be inside for a while, I have somewhere to put them. But not a dealbreaker if I can't always carry it. I think I really just need to see one in person to make sure my phone will fit. That *definitely* would be a dealbreaker! I swear, phones get bigger while bags get smaller:P

Hahaha! It really feels like that...
I totally understand. Happy bag testing! ^^

Wish I had a slim, hard, case (I only have a giant, hard, case for hiking) to do a comparison for you!

Reactions: mgrnt
Hi all!

-1 trifold wallet
-1 face mask
-1 pen
-keys

-1 face mask
-1 pen
-keys
- 1 phone
-lots of receipts

Let me know if you have any other questions/want pics at another angle. View attachment 4817862View attachment 4817863View attachment 4817864View attachment 4817865

Such a helpful review, thank you so much! I’m very keen on purchasing this but haven’t seen much on wear and tear. Also this would be my first Givenchy piece, so I’m quite unaware of how their leathers tend to hold up. So just wondering how’s yours fared and whether there are any major issues? Thanks in advance :smile:

I really just need to see one in person to make sure my phone will fit. That *definitely* would be a dealbreaker! I swear, phones get bigger while bags get smaller:P

I know this post was from last year but for anyone else curious about phones, I got a nano got the school run where I literally need my license, phone, keys and card in case I need to stop at the shops. The Samsung galaxy S20 ultra definitely fits. I had an S21 ultra which fit fine I now have the iPhone 12 pro max and it fits too. All of these phones fit with some room for if they get bigger in the future.

The bag itself doesn't hold enough for me to use for anything else. My wallet didn't comfortably fit so I got a card holder for those cards I need so my keys and phone fit too. I find this borderline too small though it does hold enough for school run but I dread to think how pointless the one even smaller than the nano would be!!
But I love the bag itself which is why I came up with a reasonable purpose for it in order to buy one!

Reactions: baghag91 and mgrnt
I've just ordered a Nano Antigona and wondered if any of you ladies had found a suitable bag organiser for inside?
I like them in my small bags also for keeping the interior clean x
I've recommended Original Club organizers in the past for med and small ants. May want to check out their offerings for nano, either stock or customized. I've had great CS and got my order in decent time.

Reactions: Bluebellbun