Name of Soles for Traction?

Eva14

O.G.
May 15, 2012
I just wanted to ask what the correct term is for taking shoes to a cobbler and having 'traction soles' put on to avoid slippage? (I know that one brand name of these non-skid soles is 'Vibram', but that's not the one that my cobbler has used on my shoes.) I believe he used a generic brand whose name I'm not aware of, and I'm not sure if he's still in business.

I may be listing a few pairs of designer shoes on eBay which have had the traction soles added to the soles of the shoes, so I just want to be sure that I have the correct terminology. (It's basically to try to make sure that the bottoms of the shoes aren't too slippery. The 'traction' soles help the shoes to avoid skidding). I personally find it really important for high heels! :smile:

I can't think of the formal name for these soles at the moment, so I'd greatly appreciate any feedback! Are they just called 'traction soles'? Or some other term? (I don't need the brand name; as I said it's some sort of generic sole. I'd just like to know the formal name for these devices. Thanks.

I just wanted to ask what the correct term is for taking shoes to a cobbler and having 'traction soles' put on to avoid slippage? (I know that one brand name of these non-skid soles is 'Vibram', but that's not the one that my cobbler has used on my shoes.) I believe he used a generic brand whose name I'm not aware of, and I'm not sure if he's still in business.

I may be listing a few pairs of designer shoes on eBay which have had the traction soles added to the soles of the shoes, so I just want to be sure that I have the correct terminology. (It's basically to try to make sure that the bottoms of the shoes aren't too slippery. The 'traction' soles help the shoes to avoid skidding). I personally find it really important for high heels! :smile:

I can't think of the formal name for these soles at the moment, so I'd greatly appreciate any feedback! Are they just called 'traction soles'? Or some other term? (I don't need the brand name; as I said it's some sort of generic sole. I'd just like to know the formal name for these devices. Thanks.

Topy is the other brand. http://www.topy.fr/en/Home