nail problem, need HELP!!

Nah, your nails only have so many layers... I wouldn't worry about it returning immediately. Do use as little nail polish remover as possible, and I found that giving my nails a 12 hour break between manis keeps them in better shape too!
Good luck!

This is a good point - if you remove your polish before bed than I absolutely recommend this. However if you will be using your hands at all I'd recommend applying at least something to help protect it.

You don't need to wait to apply polish/basecoat, your nails are indeed weakened by the buffing and would probably benefit from the bit of added protection that the polish will add. Nail therapy is a great product because it hydrates the nails which helps to keep them from peeling in the first place, but it will only work with continued use. You may also want to change your polish remover, like many of the other ladies I love remove+ but you can easily make your own at home with acetone and glycerin. The lady who writes loodieloodieloodie(at)blogspot(dot)com has a whole library of posts relating specifically to nail care issues and how to fix them, I was able to fix my nails by following her advice

For me it was at its worst when I first started using polish remover more frequently - but once I started alternating between different removers (non-acetone for one coat basic shades, acetone for glitter etc) it got better.

Once you buff it down it shouldn't "come back" unless you have used really harsh remover or didn't fully buff away the 'shelf' of the split. I haven't had a repaired split re-split but it is, of course, still somewhat thin and vulnerable until it grows out. That's why if I have a repaired split on my nail I don't leave them nekkid for long ;) If for whatever reason I am not applying polish soon after I will at the very least apply a coat of nail therapy (or base coat will do) to give it a bit of fortification.

Don't worry - if we all let splits stop us from polishing we would see many a nekkid nails around here =D

Nah, your nails only have so many layers... I wouldn't worry about it returning immediately. Do use as little nail polish remover as possible, and I found that giving my nails a 12 hour break between manis keeps them in better shape too!
Good luck!

If you want something on your nails now to keep them strong I used OPI Nail Envy with great results. In fact now that I've stopped using it my nails are starting to peel and break again when I have no polish on them.

Thanks for all your advice. I just buffed off all the peel ( I hope not too much since my nail seems a lot thinner where I buffed..) But at least, I see no more peeling. I only have baby oil now so I dipped for 30 minutes and I just put the ECRINAL ANP cream I got. I pray to god this goes away 'cause It looks so dirty! Plus, I want to start using nail polish again...:smile:. In how mmuch time can I start putting some on again without damaging the nails more than they have been?

Where can I get the nail therapy?

Any chance you've cooking oil handy? Eg, Regular olive oil used for cooking works well & is better absorbed than mineral/baby oil, which mostly functions as a barrier rather than moisturizer in itself & would be good to use to lock in moisture after using a better-absorbed agent.

You don't need to wait to apply polish/basecoat, your nails are indeed weakened by the buffing and would probably benefit from the bit of added protection that the polish will add. Nail therapy is a great product because it hydrates the nails which helps to keep them from peeling in the first place, but it will only work with continued use. You may also want to change your polish remover, like many of the other ladies I love remove+ but you can easily make your own at home with acetone and glycerin. The lady who writes loodieloodieloodie(at)blogspot(dot)com has a whole library of posts relating specifically to nail care issues and how to fix them, I was able to fix my nails by following her advice

OMG thank you for mentioning the loodie blog... I've been lost in it for almost an hour, what a wealth of information! Thanks for mentioning it :smile:

FillerAve said:
OMG thank you for mentioning the loodie blog... I've been lost in it for almost an hour, what a wealth of information! Thanks for mentioning it :smile:

Lol, youre welcome. I love her blog and read through every single post the first time I found it

I highly recommend you sifting through loodie's blog: http://loodieloodieloodie.blogspot.com/

She's got a lot of blog entries on nail care and about acetone and stuff. Pretty scientific and interesting stuff. It's different for everyone, but I hope you might find something on it that'll help you. I learned not to file when I just got out of the shower. Didn't know that wasn't a good idea. :/

use an acetone free nail polish remover... soak my nails in olive oil for a few minutes

once a week.. use a nail glass file and do take my polish off the night before..

just be patient those nicks/splits do grow back before you know it...

Can someone plesaes tell me where to get the files she uses in the video? ( 220/230, 400/600, 600/400..)?
I got the answer straight from her, she got it at Sally Beauty Supply:

"Sally's has them (Tropical Shine). You can also purchase them online. Other brands put the #'s on them too though"

I'm soaking everyday!!!:smile:

I found the blue and the pink file at Sallys but couldn't locate the yellow block (320) and the grey and white ( 600/400) she uses.. Are they all from Sally's?

I'm soaking everyday!!!:smile:

I found the blue and the pink file at Sallys but couldn't locate the yellow block (320) and the grey and white ( 600/400) she uses.. Are they all from Sally's?
I believe so, that's what her answer was. You can try somewhere else that carries those files (Tropical Shine) or other similar brands.