Nail Polish Secret Santa

Sep 7, 2008
Regular posters in the What nail polish are you wearing today?! thread will know that it's that time of the year again. Yep, it's Nail Polish Secret Santa time. (For anyone who doesn't know what Secret Santa is, click here.)

The rules are as follows:
○ A maximum of 4 individual polishes or 1 pack of polishes, eg: boxed gift sets, mini sets. Polishes must be new and unused. There is no cost minimum, that way participants can spend what they can afford.
○ The cut off date for participating in this year's NP Secret Santa is Saturday December 4th. Names will be assigned on Sunday, December 5th. That should give Secret Santas plenty of time to get their gifts sent off.
○ PLEASE MAIL PACKAGES NO LATER THAN DECEMBER 15th TO MAKE SURE THEY ARRIVE IN TIME FOR XMAS.
○ Please make sure to let your recipient know who you are by including a card or a note in your parcel with your name/username. That way you can thank your Secret Santa when you do a reveal.
○ You MUST take & post pictures (a reveal thread will be started especially for this) of the gifts that you receive.
○ Please let me know ASAP if you are on the list and wish to drop out of this Secret Santa. If you are unable to participate once you have been assigned a person, I need to know IMMEDIATELY.
○ A "stinkers" list will be posted should anyone fail to send a gift. This Nail Polish Secret Santa is all in the name of fun and I'd hate to think anyone got forgotten or gypped.

Other stuff that may be useful:
○ If you're interested in participating, please post in this thread.
○ If you have any queries about NP Secret Santa, please post those here too.

Please complete this questionnaire & send to me, along with your mailing address so I can give your info to your Secret Santa on December 5th.
1. Is your skin tone warm or cool?
2. Do you have any favourite colours?
3. Do you have any NP colours you do NOT like?
4. What NP finishes do you like?
5. What NP finishes do you NOT like?
6. Do you like all NP brands or do you only like specific brands? If specific, please list them.
7. Are you willing to ship overseas?
8. Is there any specific NP that you're wishing for?
9. Is big 3 free a priority to you?

Note: I started a whole seperate thread about this because a few people mentioned last year that they knew nothing about it. Unless you were a regular poster in the What nail polish are you wearing today?! thread, you'd not have known about it. Nail Polish Secret Santa was originally designed for the NP addicts in that thread, but I'm posting about it here in a seperate thread so the details and updates are easier to find and read.

Last edited by a moderator:
Piggy would like to play! I do have some queries though:

• Is there a targeted price range?
  • Are the polish types limited in any way? i.e. designer brands, 3-free, etc.?

NP Secret Santa participants so far (taken from the existing What nail polish are you wearing today?! *Part 4!* thread):

Necromancer
frick&frack
conrad18
it'sanaddiction
BourgeoisStoner

Piggy would like to play! I do have some queries though:

• Is there a targeted price range?
  • Are the polish types limited in any way? i.e. designer brands, 3-free, etc.?
Thanks for your questions, lvpiggy.
Is there a targeted price range? No, there is no maximum. That seems to work better than having a maximum budget because NP prices vary quite a bit.
Basically, any amount can be spent on the NPs according to what you can afford. You're only limited by the amount you can buy, not the price. That way one can spend, say, $20 buying one bottle or $20 buying 4 bottles. The decision is yours.
Are the polish types limited in any way? i.e. designer brands, 3-free, etc.? It's up to you want brands or what type of NP you buy. I'll get particpants to drop a few hints of what they like, such as finish or brands or big 3 free etc. That's probably a good idea, yeah?
So, shall I add you, lvpiggy?

Last edited:
Sounds fun! I'd love to participate. Are we going to be filling out a wishlist or some kind of questionnaire so we know what colors/brands to get for our person?

Ha, you read my mind, conrad. I just posted about that above, in response to lvpiggy's query. I think I'll edit my main post and add that bit.

Thanks for your questions, lvpiggy.
Is there a targeted price range? No, there is no maximum. That seems to work better than having a maximum budget because NP prices vary quite a bit.
Basically, any amount can be spent on the NPs according to what you can afford. You're only limited by the amount you can buy, not the price. That way one can spend, say, $20 buying one bottle or $20 buying 4 bottles. The decision is yours.
Are the polish types limited in any way? i.e. designer brands, 3-free, etc.? It's up to you want brands or what type of NP you buy. I'll get particpants to drop a few hints of what they like, such as finish or brands or big 3 free etc. That's probably a good idea, yeah?
So, shall I add you, lvpiggy?

Yes please (^(oo)^)v

Hey guys, don't forget to drop a few hints. Do you love/hate frosts, glitters, shades of pink, etc.?
Me? I'm easy to please. I love colours whether they're bright or subtle, whether it suits me or not. I adore matte, frost, sheer, glitter, duochrome, you name it. Longtime posters in the NP thread will know I really do love everything. As for brands, I'm not fussy. I wear anything. I would like to have a few of the same brand though. So if, for example, my SS gets me China Glaze or Nubar, a few bottles of that one brand would be fantastic, rather than a few bottles of different brands (I hope that made sense.)

I'm so excited!!!

I'm happy to ship overseas, so put me on the list for that. necro, I already PMed my address to you.

my wish list :angel:
I have COOL undertones to my skin (no orange, gold, orange/red, yellow, coral, army green, or other warm colors)
I LOVE GLITTER...as you all know
I don't get excited about nudes, super light sheer pinks, etc
that's it...I don't want to thwart your gift giving creativity! ;)

Add me please!

I basically only like flat colors, like no color effects except holos. I mainly like darker colors in browns, purples, blues, taupes and greens. I like really shiny polish. I don't care about the brand but my faves are Essie, Opi and I would love to try Nubar. Anything is good! :smile:

"what nail polish are you wearing today" ladies...

don't forget...as the secret santa gift GIVER, please tell the receiver who you are so we can thank you when we post reveal pics!!!