Nail polish exploded in package during delivery

Wildflower

O.G.
Apr 23, 2006
I placed a large order with Nordstroms for many items -- makeup, brushes, nail polish... last night I came home and found the 2nd of 3rd boxes had arrived and when I opened it, the Essie Aruba Blue nail polish was ALL OVER the inside of the package. The top apparently opened up during shipment and the polish leaked out all over. Somehow, the little bag it was in ripped open and it made a MESS. The other item in the box was my MAC 187 brush and it was covered in polish as well, but on the outside of the little bag it was in.

Called Nordstroms and they are shipping me a new polish AND a new brush even though I said the brush was fine. They are SO GREAT! They are even sending me two samples that are being shipped with a $95 Bobbi Brown purchase even though I ordered the BB stuff before the samples were available.

What a mess though... it's amazing how much nail polish can get all over. Even though the brush inside the packaging was OK -- getting it out was a nighmare. Tried to wipe all the polish off of it but that was next to impossible and the brush handle ended up with polish on it. So I AM glad they sent me another one!

This is my first Essie polish and the lid still seems pretty loose on it. Are they all like this? It doesn't have that "oomph" when it closes and will re-open very easily. I don't dare lay it on it's side. About 1/3 of the polish is still in the bottle.

Ugh, nail polish is a pain to remove if it's been spilled! I only have 2 Essie polishes, but I don't have a problem with either one of them, the lids are fairly tight. I'm glad Nordstrom corrected the mess though!

that's great that they're going to send you replacements! i had nail polish explode during shipping before too. :/ but i only bought the polish, so it only got over the bubble mailer. the fumes were horrible when i opened the package! :P

I really like the Essie nail polish! A LOT. I hope the replacement one isn't as loose as this because I want to order a few more now -- am going to wait until it arrives to see how it closes. This one may just have been a faulty one?