MZ Wallace Bags (Opinions on MZ Wallace Bags, Part 2)

I got the email announcing the Medium Raffia tote in Zinnia and couldn't resist. I looked for the best price online and found it for $228 from a site called febeclothing.com which is a pretty decent reduction over the $285 list price. I browsed around and it seemed like a legit site.

The bag just arrived and it has a small area of damage. There is one spot where the raffia is broken so that part of the weave looks like it has a hole in it. I realize raffia is a natural fiber and it can get damaged over time but I didn't expect it to arrive with this type of incident. Would you consider this worthy of requesting an exchange or a refund if they can't exchange it?

Also, I'll note that the big was shipped in just a larger bubble wrap mailer. It is a fine mailer but it was thrown in there without any dust bag or even tissue paper. As a result it very much smells plasticky like the mailer itself. I can forgive that if that was my only complaint given the good price. But the damage is a different story.

compaView attachment 5990505View attachment 5990506View attachment 5990507

That would annoy me. I know with use it will eventually show wear but it shouldn’t come like that.

Reactions: adlgel
I got the email announcing the Medium Raffia tote in Zinnia and couldn't resist. I looked for the best price online and found it for $228 from a site called febeclothing.com which is a pretty decent reduction over the $285 list price. I browsed around and it seemed like a legit site.

The bag just arrived and it has a small area of damage. There is one spot where the raffia is broken so that part of the weave looks like it has a hole in it. I realize raffia is a natural fiber and it can get damaged over time but I didn't expect it to arrive with this type of incident. Would you consider this worthy of requesting an exchange or a refund if they can't exchange it?

Also, I'll note that the big was shipped in just a larger bubble wrap mailer. It is a fine mailer but it was thrown in there without any dust bag or even tissue paper. As a result it very much smells plasticky like the mailer itself. I can forgive that if that was my only complaint given the good price. But the damage is a different story.

compaView attachment 5990505View attachment 5990506View attachment 5990507
I had been eyeing this bag in completely beige/ brownish color. Thanks for posting these images. I would be disappointed by the unraveling.