My xmas gift from the bf

The ring in my avatar is my ring... my bf just hasn't officially proposed to me yet & he's keeping the ring for the time being... I know... it sounds weird, but it's a long story... :upsidedown:

That ring is GORGEOUS! In the months leading up to my engagement, I found and joined a diamond/jewelry forum called DiamondTalk to feed my 'obsession' with engagement rings. Last I checked, DT it lost its popularity, so it's sort of sad. Then I found all you ladies and gents who can help me with my handbag obsession! I hope we're all able to keep this going for years and years to come! :yes:

So, semi-bezel setting with a round stone... I love it! Did you choose/design it yourself? I wanted something classic yet unique, and DH proposed with an eight-pronged, round stone ring. It's like the classic four-prong setting, but each prong splits into two where it 'holds' the stone. Confusing, I know... but I absolutely love it, and esp love the profile where I can see the prongs 'cross' (kind of like the Tiffany Lucida). I guess I'm still somewhat obsessed with jewelry... I think I'll have a lifelong appreciation for diamonds, just like I'm sure my LV appreciation will last for a really long time! :graucho: