My Willow Shoulder Bag is rigid,very stiff leather

couchette

Jan 27, 2017
Just rec’d some BF purses from Coach.I was so excited about my Chambray Willow Shoulder Bag in polished pebble leather.The leather though-so stiff! It doesn’t feel like leather at all.They must have coated it with something(plastic?)I’m bummed,the color(washed chambray) is so beautiful!
My other Coach purses I bought-Cary crossbody,Hayden,Lori,also had polished pebbled leather but soft.
On the fence if I should keep it.Do you think it’ll soften up?

Attachments

• IMG_1129.jpeg
    IMG_1129.jpeg
    175.6 KB · Views: 50
Just rec’d some BF purses from Coach.I was so excited about my Chambray Willow Shoulder Bag in polished pebble leather.The leather though-so stiff! It doesn’t feel like leather at all.They must have coated it with something(plastic?)I’m bummed,the color(washed chambray) is so beautiful!
My other Coach purses I bought-Cary crossbody,Hayden,Lori,also had polished pebbled leather but soft.
Many of the bags have stiff leather unfortunately. I don’t anticipate that particular bag would soften up much. I think it is stiff to keep its shape.

I don’t think it’s necessarily a coating on the outside of the leather that makes it stiff; rather, I think it’s probably attached to some sort of backing that is glued to it to give the bag a solid shape!! It still looks very nice!

I have had this bag in white for some time. It doesn’t really soften per say, but does get a little more pliable. The leather is like what they used on the market totes, it’s coated with some sort of plastic but I feel like this design it needs a stiffer leather or it would look funny. I really like my Willow, it’s one I reach for a lot in the spring/summer.