My very FIRST chanel bag! from shopbop!

Hi All

This is my first time visiting the Chanel forum and I'm excited to share my very first purchase! (well if the order goes through).

One of my best friends's been addicted to Chanel the classic bags. I agree that Chanel probably has the best leather quality among all big brands. During my trip to Paris even my husband thinks it's made of great quality.

I've known that shopbop carries some vintage bag of chanel by WGACA vintage and today I was looking through bags on shopbop.com because of the amazing deals they're giving ($1500 and get $500 off). I saw this chanel bag and there was ONE left! The ONE kept on saying not available and then in a split second it became available and was in my cart! I checked out right away and now I'm taking this baby home for $1285 (no tax or anything). On the website it was listed for $2550 original and on sale for 30% off at $1785...then with the $500 off it's what I paid for $1285. At least shopbop has good return/free-shipping policy so in case I don't like it I can return it.

BUT!!!! I want to know if anyone has purchased any chanel bags on shopbop and whether it's reliable. I think shopbop is a reputable vendor but I just want to know your experiences. In addition, how do you guys like this bag? I know it's not as "updated" as the bags now shown in Chanel's website. But is the quality the same? Where are chanel bags made at? France? Italy?

Please give comments! Thanks!!!!! I'm very excited. I've been wanting a quilted bag (CHANEL was too expensive and I didn't want to pay that much for Marc Jacob ones)....and I can share the bag with my mom for special occation :smile:.

Attachments

• chanel bag.jpg
    chanel bag.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 2,514
Hi Karman,

Thanks for the comment.
How much should vintage bags be? I don't know about the quality....are vintage supposed to be better than the current models?

Yes listing price was $2550, on sale for $1785, then I got for $1285.
I know most new Chanel bags are at least $3000 in the US right?

Congrats on your new bag, lepetitangel. It looks fabulous and I'm sure you'll be pleased with the quality. It does appear that you got it at a great price - with all of the reductions. Vintage Chanel sells according to whatever a buyer is prepared to pay in my opinion. If this is great quality leather and the style is something you love, then you've got a real bargain. It does look great!

It really depends on the model and condition. The general quality of vintage bags IMO is better than today's bags, and yes, you are correct to say a lot of the classic bags are more than $3000 US today. However, a vintage is still a vintage, and I've seen prices range from $500-$2500 generally on eBay. The vintage jumbos are still highly sought after, and I've seen them on eBay for $3000+ (although whether anyone buys is another issue).

For you bag I'd say you got it at a fair price since it seems to be in great condition, but I would not have paid the original price nor the sale price ($1700) for it....that's just me though ;)

Enjoy your new bag when it arrives!!

Thanks Karman for the explanation.
Yes I like the flap bag cuz it does look great with formal outfits and sometimes casual one too.
I'll post pic when the bag arrives :smile:. At least it's nice that I know I can return it anytime I want without worrying about who the seller is on ebay :smile:!

Does anyone know if this bag is from a much older generation in terms of style? I was trying to look for it online and I do see two (one if black and one in beige) on ebay. Just curious.

hi lepetitangel
congrats on your beautiful vintage purchase
I have this exact bag in beige, and got it this year for about the same price so after the discounts you paid a reasonable/good price. The original price before discount was WAY too expensive in my opinion
The quality of the vintage is alot better than the current, but everyone has their own oppinions about what they like. I love my vintage beige, and you will love your purchase!
I searched and searched every day/night for my beige, which is exactly the same as your one, I love this style vintage, it is a classic with a twist of pure quality! Most of this style of vintage flap that i have seen was from the 90's . hope this helps!
Enjoy it

Congrats!

this is a very pretty vintage!

attachment.php