My take on the Fendi ribbon strap you

Dec 11, 2006
I bought a brown leather grommet guitar strap and some floral ribbon to make an inspired version of the Fendi ribbon strap you. I love the original but can’t bring myself to spend $1,400 on it.

I might buy some white and black striped ribbon and sew a strip on each side. I need to buy more floral ribbon anyway and sew it together as I ran out of length.

What do you think? Yay or nay?

IMG_9442.jpg

IMG_9445.jpg

I don’t know about copy right or whatever but I’m all for DIY! I think u did a great job and I would wear that strap :smile:

Thanks!! Mine doesn’t say Fendi or anything so I don’t think it infringes any copyrights, particularly as I’m not making it to sell. Guitar straps, floral ribbon, and whip stitching are all pretty common.

Wow, I love it. Great job! I actually think it looks good as is, there really isn’t a need to do the white and black strips along the edge. I think with the strap itself as brown, the black and white wouldn’t really go with. Versus the Fendi strap is grey, so the black/white edging makes more sense.

BTW, I agree $1400 is too much.....but there is one right now on Fashionphile for $925. Just FYI. But $925 is still a lot of money.

https://www.fashionphile.com/fendi-calfskin-floral-ribbon-strap-you-grey-white-243686

Wow, I love it. Great job! I actually think it looks good as is, there really isn’t a need to do the white and black strips along the edge. I think with the strap itself as brown, the black and white wouldn’t really go with. Versus the Fendi strap is grey, so the black/white edging makes more sense.

BTW, I agree $1400 is too much.....but there is one right now on Fashionphile for $925. Just FYI. But $925 is still a lot of money.

https://www.fashionphile.com/fendi-calfskin-floral-ribbon-strap-you-grey-white-243686

Yes thank you I saw that and there is one on eBay as well. But it still seems a lot for a strap...I mean these are a lot for bags too ha but I guess I’m not used to buying straps.

That is a good point but I think there will be more coverage as well as not having the brown show as much would allow it to be more versatile (IMO).

Thank you for your kind words!

Reactions: Annawakes