My small but mighty collection (almost) never at full price!

popartist

Oct 23, 2016
Posting my current roster of go to bags, a small but mighty collection! All bought new direct from the designer's boutique or outlet. As I am not of unlimited funds, I look to save - all of these except the Telfar were bought at 30-35% off US prices because I either bought in Europe or, in the case of the Ophidia, lucky enough to get it after it went to the Gucci outlet. I had a couple of other Gucci's that I recently sold because they didn't make sense for me anymore.Small but mighty.jpg.

From back to front, left to right:

Louis Vuitton Odeon MM in Monogram Noir
Telfar Medium Shopper in Tan
Gucci Soho Disco in Black
Gucci Ophidia Dome Shoulder Bag in Blue
Saint Laurent Cassandre Monogram WOC in black/gold grain de poudre

I also use a beater small Kate Spade crossbody from their online sale for quick trips around the neighborhood and a Keith Haring Coach outlet backpack that is looking pretty worn (I hope to replace this soon). I also have a bunch of other Coach that I am slowly selling off.

Love your collection! It seems like you have everything to fit all occasions. I wish that I could go back and curate my collection to five bags to really get my cost per wear and minimize storage space. It's been a challenge thinking of how to declutter and which bags to let go of. Wish I had it down a tee when I started purchasing my items from the get go!

Love your collection! It seems like you have everything to fit all occasions. I wish that I could go back and curate my collection to five bags to really get my cost per wear and minimize storage space. It's been a challenge thinking of how to declutter and which bags to let go of. Wish I had it down a tee when I started purchasing my items from the get go!
Amen. Today, I took 8 designer bags, 2 wallets, and some costume jewery to my consignment guy in the city, including my first ever designer purse (a Gucci hobo bag). I just wasn’t using it, and it was no longer my style. That leaves me with four main purses, including 2 work totes, one formal black (Miu Miu) one semi-formal brown (Tod’s timeless), a quilted evening bag (Ferragamo quilted gancini), and an everyday bag (Celine nano luggage). I will be very careful considering any future purses, the mony I make from selling them should be enough to get one further really good one.

I found that my bag style needed to be what actually fit into my life rather than what looks pretty. My first premier designer bag was a pre-loved Louis Vuitton Multicolor Alma - it is a gorgeous bag, and I had coveted it for years. But when I finally bought one, I found it wasn't practical for my lifestyle - I used it maybe five times. It was an awkward carry in NYC, even after I bought a strap to wear crossbody, and it also felt too "in your face" for me to feel comfortable with it (I sold it after it sat in my closet a few years). A year or so later I had gotten really into (good) Coach and bought a bunch of them but then most of them really didn't fit my style - so I've been slowly selling them off, although i will keep a couple (my Rogue 25 and a hobo). I like that Premium Designer look but I am not of unlimited funds and I am also pretty casual, so I am curating much better now, getting bags that I will wear frequently for the most part. The Telfar fits for my job at a not-for-profit - still I might go for a premium designer for my next backpack, which is usually my primary work bag. The YSL won't be worn that frequently but fills the hole for when I need do need something dressy. :smile: