My Second Rescue Dachshund!

How cute!! In our home we had nothing but dachshunds. They are so great with kids. Even now my parents still own one. I remember our first dachshund, her name was Heidi. Had her when I was 6 until 17. Had to put her to sleep. I cried all day long!! I still miss her.

Irishgal said:
Say hello to Millie, she was abandoned in Central California, someone found her and called Southern Calif. Dachshund rescue. She has amber and green eyes, amazing! The third pic is of her and Casey, who I rescued 2 months ago.

Thanks for looking. Rescue one until there are none!!

OMG, they're adorable Irishgal, you & your rescue puppies rock :tender:

i was thinking of adopting a little doxie so me and my westie could become a trio, but i live upstairs in a split level, so pretty much every room is on a different level, and i heard that stairs do murder on their backs?

aarti said:
i was thinking of adopting a little doxie so me and my westie could become a trio, but i live upstairs in a split level, so pretty much every room is on a different level, and i heard that stairs do murder on their backs?

Yes, sadly, you really have to watch their backs. I f they have to run up and down lots of stairs each day it is hard, 3-4 at a time is no problem but a full staircase, over time will bother their backs..