My RTW experience - what has your's been like?

hi stylemechanel, thank you for posting your rtw experience here. i have a couple of rtw items on my H shopping list but now must rethink it all. given the sizing at H, i will definitely need alterations. like you, i have been spoiled by the exemplary service at chanel (BH location particularly) and would hate to have to settle for mediocre/poor post-sales service, especially given the cost of the items. please let us know how management responds to your complaint, and good luck!

I am sorry to hear about your experience. They should do everything to resolve the issues.

My experience has been limited but good thus far. I've only purchased a few tops that did not need alterations. Came in H garment bags, tags and orange bags but no box.

Off topic-- but my store is participating in the semi-bespoke ordering of a few select pieces. You select the design (from a book of designs) and scarf design and they make you the select piece with 2-3 months turnaround. You pay a deposit when you preorder and pay the remainder when the piece is complete. Has anyone ordered such a piece before? Thanks, everyone.

Hi OhManolo, I am so very glad you responded, and I am sorry about my late response. My SA has asked if I would like to come to the event. We have been playing phone tag these past few days so I don't really have any details except she needs to set an appointment time for me. I have had a number of pieces made to order before but never from Hermes. Based on my experience with Hermes so far I am very hesitant to do this. I am hoping that someone else would do the alterations. What else can you tell me about this? I will be speaking to her tomorrow and if I hear anything new I will let you know.

I really appreciate it if anyone who has done this with Hermes would chime in!!!!

In the end I took the garment to my seamstress I trust her completely and she is beyond wonderful. And the scarf that my SA sent - which was the complete wrong scarf - they would only give me store credit - which I did not understand because it was their mistake and they admitted it! :pout:

I am so glad that you responded!!!

hi stylemechanel, thank you for posting your rtw experience here. i have a couple of rtw items on my H shopping list but now must rethink it all. given the sizing at H, i will definitely need alterations. like you, i have been spoiled by the exemplary service at chanel (BH location particularly) and would hate to have to settle for mediocre/poor post-sales service, especially given the cost of the items. please let us know how management responds to your complaint, and good luck!

Hi Larkie!!!!! You and I are the same size so our issues are the same. I also shop the Beverly Hills boutique with Kerri. When I buy a Chanel jacket, I usually have it altered in a number of ways - taken in at the waist, sleeved narrowed, shoulders taken in and sometimes even have the jacket shortened or lengthened depending on the style. Chanel does an impeccable job - you would never know - as does my seamstress.

Having had this experience with Hermes - and remember this is my first RTW from them so it is my only experience - I would just find someone else to do the alterations. And I do know you have someone fabulous because I can how perfectly your clothes fit.

In the end I didn't push the issue except to let my SA know I was very disappointed. I just didn't want to waste more energy on it - I am just too frustrated and tired of it all. I expected so much better. I am taking it as a lesson learned. The world of Hermes is so new to me and I find their policies somewhat frustrating and so different from Chanel.

Is there any chance you are going to the event to place a special order for RTW? Have you done this before or know of anyone doing it? I am so hesitant based on my small but so not successful experience.

Hoping to hear from you!

Hi Stylemechanel! i love the idea of having something made just to my specs but it is a pass for me on H rtw. i find their sizing really not suited for my frame, and with the exception of a very few rtw items, their clothes do not get me all that excited either :sad:. I could sit for days dreaming up a special order H bag, but i think i would rather put my money and faith in the hands of the chanel atelier for clothes! after all, H's history is steeped in leather-crafting and chanel is in clothing (then bags), so i will buy leather goods from H and stick with chanel for rtw. If you do go to the event, though, please let us know how it turns out!

Hi OhManolo, I am so very glad you responded, and I am sorry about my late response. My SA has asked if I would like to come to the event. We have been playing phone tag these past few days so I don't really have any details except she needs to set an appointment time for me. I have had a number of pieces made to order before but never from Hermes. Based on my experience with Hermes so far I am very hesitant to do this. I am hoping that someone else would do the alterations. What else can you tell me about this? I will be speaking to her tomorrow and if I hear anything new I will let you know.

I really appreciate it if anyone who has done this with Hermes would chime in!!!!

In the end I took the garment to my seamstress I trust her completely and she is beyond wonderful. And the scarf that my SA sent - which was the complete wrong scarf - they would only give me store credit - which I did not understand because it was their mistake and they admitted it! :pout:

I am so glad that you responded!!!

I am so glad that you got it altered correctly but it is too Hermes could not get it right. That is disappointing since we pay so much for these things. "sigh" I am also sorry that they are only giving you a store credit for it-- it's their mistake! Can you talk to the SM?

With the almost-made to order pieces, I say almost because there's a lookbook of garment styles and you pick the scarf print that you want made with the pieces. They take a deposit when you order and it's done in about 2-3 months. It is by appointment and my SA has asked me about it but I have not asked about pricing yet! lol. It's def. more than the RTW pieces due to the custom order. Please let me know of you go ahead with it! Thank you for responding, dear.