My Petrol Spy...leather lightened...

No money left

Mar 13, 2006
Hi, I am starting to get a little worried. I have an 05 Petrol Spy. I use it all the time. I know this sounds a bit strange, but I take mine to the beach. As a result the blue leather has faded. I only noticed this discolouration when I compared it to the Petrol Spy on eLux! What can I do? Has anyone had this before? Upon closer inspection, the leather seems a bit dried out too. What can I use for conditioning the leather? I am hoping that if I use some sort of leather treatment / conditioner it will in turn darken the leather again. Any help would be appreciated :crybaby:

A lot of people recommend Apple Care conditioner ... I just rec'd mine today. My cognac spy has a little fading on the bottom so I rubbed some conditioner in. I don't think that it will darken the leather to the original color but it will help in preventing your spy from drying out.

The apple garde conditioner is great for balenciaga. I have never used it on a fendi, but it has a way with brightening and refreshing the leather. The apple garde care lotion is also great with any kind of stain- not that I have EVER done that:P

Leatherstuff.com is the place to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they DO look hotter with age... brings out the texture... but... eeek i took my petrol to the beach once.. after that i was too scared to repeat! started being paranoid about the sand wearing away at the bag! AHH!!! heeee

You are okay with the Apple Guard leather conditioner. I used it on the Cognac without a problem. Spy bags do fade if you use them alot. I am a perfectionist, so I carry them with extra TLC.