My Petrol Spy...leather lightened...

1. Hi, I am starting to get a little worried. I have an 05 Petrol Spy. I use it all the time. I know this sounds a bit strange, but I take mine to the beach. As a result the blue leather has faded. I only noticed this discolouration when I compared it to the Petrol Spy on eLux! What can I do? Has anyone had this before? Upon closer inspection, the leather seems a bit dried out too. What can I use for conditioning the leather? I am hoping that if I use some sort of leather treatment / conditioner it will in turn darken the leather again. Any help would be appreciated :crybaby:

2. A lot of people recommend Apple Care conditioner ... I just rec'd mine today. My cognac spy has a little fading on the bottom so I rubbed some conditioner in. I don't think that it will darken the leather to the original color but it will help in preventing your spy from drying out.

3. Thanks for that. I live in Australia...Where can I get Apple Care from? Could I find it on eBay?

4. I also read another thread about keeping Spy's clean...What is AG?

5. The apple garde conditioner is great for balenciaga. I have never used it on a fendi, but it has a way with brightening and refreshing the leather. The apple garde care lotion is also great with any kind of stain- not that I have EVER done that:P

Leatherstuff.com is the place to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Thanks girls, I'm glad I found TPF. I hope I can help you oneday!

7. I hear it's very common with that type of leather. Don't worry! IMO, SPY bags only look HOTTER with age!:yes:

8. they DO look hotter with age... brings out the texture... but... eeek i took my petrol to the beach once.. after that i was too scared to repeat! started being paranoid about the sand wearing away at the bag! AHH!!! heeee

9. You are okay with the Apple Guard leather conditioner. I used it on the Cognac without a problem. Spy bags do fade if you use them alot. I am a perfectionist, so I carry them with extra TLC.

10. :Push: i was wondering why my black mini spy appeared lighter. and i thought it was my eyes playing tricks on me:lol: . didn't know that the leather will lighten over time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice