My Personal Experience @ DA Clinic (DAPRS)

Hi everyone,

***My name is Tina and I wanted to share my plastic surgery experience in Korea with DA Plastic Surgery. I was NOT paid or sponsored to advertise the clinic. You may see my before/after pictures on the clinic’s social media sites, but I volunteered for the staff to use them because I had such a positive experience. I just saw that another user posted her review on DA and she was a selected as a model for the clinic. I'll be giving you my perspective as an ordinary patient.***

BACKGROUND:
3 years before:
I went to a large well-known plastic surgery clinic in Gangnam. I had non-incisional eyelid surgery, epicanthoplasty, and rhinoplasty using a silicone implant and my own nasal cartilage for the tip. I had typical small eyes vertically and laterally. The consultant recommended non-incisional and I liked that it involved less healing time. My original nose was quite short so the doctor recommended lengthening it. My experience with this clinic was the typical “factory” experience.

3 years later:
My eyes were very droopy and uneven. The epi was noticeably uneven as well as the eyelids. I was in obvious need of ptosis correction too. My nose tip became droopy and looked even more short than originally. It was also crooked and lacked any definition or shape. I HATED my nose and eyes so much. It was a little depressing seeing pictures of myself and I didn’t like looking at myself in the mirror. I would never go back to that clinic even if they fixed it for free.

Spring/Summer 2016:
I started researching clinics for revision double eyelid and rhinoplasty. I narrowed it down to TLPS and Wonjin. Then I came on PurseForum. I saw a lot of posts mentioning TLPS, Wonjin, ID, View, MVP, Trend, Banobagi, etc. However there was one clinic I kept seeing pop up which was DAPRS. I had never heard of it before, but I noticed that users kept saying positive things about DA mainly in regards to facial contouring. I never thought about doing facial contouring before, but when I looked at the website I was so impressed with their results. They were dramatic, but not plastic monster looking. I did an online consultation request for eyes/nose revision and I received a quick reply the next day. Their English consultant was also very fluent so it made me feel even better. I don’t know about all of you, but my first impression of a clinic begins as soon as I contact them. Many other clinics took too long to reply or their lack of English ability made me uncomfortable. At this point my feeling toward DA was a good one.

My main point of contact was through a staff member named Sky. I could not have gone through this experience without her. She makes herself available for any questions/concerns and speaks English very well. She’s incredibly sweet and pretty—looks like doll! When I arrived at the clinic I also met another English-speaking staff member named Sarah who is also very helpful and friendly. I think a big part of why I enjoyed my time at DA was because of Sky and Sarah. I definitely plan to stay in contact with both of them because they’re two of the coolest people you will ever meet. I confirmed my arrival date with Sky and she set up my consultation. Easy!

CONSULTATION DAY:
DA clinic is super easy to find and in a great location. I first met Sarah one of the English speaking staff members. She introduced herself and walked me into the clinic to help me get settled. The overall vibe of the clinic is clean and relaxing. It has a nice modern interior that makes you feel welcomed. I filled out my paperwork and then waited to consult with the doctors. At this point something took a hold of me. I originally came for just eye and nose revision. However, I thought since I’m here and Dr. Lee is one of the best surgeons in the world for facial contouring…I might as well? At this point I said to myself “why not?” and opted for a breast consultation too. #YOLO! After taking my “before” pictures it was time to meet the doctors. I was a little nervous, but I was feeling really good about everything once I was actually there in person.

Consult w/ Dr. Lee (facial contouring):
Dr. Lee is the head of the clinic and one of the most talented surgeons for facial contouring. When I first met him I was surprised because he was quite young looking and actually pretty cute! Usually you’d expect an old and grumpy looking doctor to be the boss, but not in this case :P I told him that I didn’t want a super fake look and I definitely didn’t want a pointy chin. He agreed and said that I didn’t need zygoma reduction because my face wasn’t that wide to begin with. He suggested slimming my jaw, moving my chin forward, and doing some fat grafting. He wasn’t pushy and didn’t suggest unnecessary procedures. I definitely have a lot of respect for him because his results with previous patients are absolutely stunning.

Consult w/ Dr. Ahn (rhinoplasty):
Later I met with Dr. Ahn who did my rhinoplasty. He suggested lengthening my nose, which I 100% agreed with. He said that he would extend the tip of my nose because it was short and that the bridge was already high enough. The tip extension would be done through donated cartilage. I was a little nervous about this consult in particular because I hated my previous nose so much, but Dr. Ahn made it clear what he could achieve and that I wouldn’t be disappointed!

Consult w/ Dr. Jang (eyes):
Dr. Jang is the only woman surgeon at the clinic and she is super cool—she’s like Superwoman! She also speaks English very well so I didn’t need Sky or Sarah to translate. She noted that my previous double eyelid surgery and epi were not done very well and that she would do her best to correct it. Dr. Jang recommended ptosis correction along with incisional double eyelid surgery. We also agreed to extend the outer corners too. She’s very meticulous with her work so I felt really good knowing that she was going to operate on me.

Consult w/ Dr. Koo (breast):
Dr. Koo does DA’s breast augmentations. I thought about getting implants before in the U.S., but I was always scared it would look too big and fake. When I looked at Dr. Koo’s before/after pictures I immediately wanted him to do my breast augmentation. He has a good eye and knows what will look good on your body. He helps you achieve balance with your body proportions. I tried on a couple implant sizes using a bra. He went over the different types of implants, saline vs. silicone, teardrop vs. round, inframmary incision (under breast) vs. transaxillary incision (armpit). He definitely knows what will work best for you, so he helped guide me through these decisions. I ended up getting round silicone implants with an inframmary incision and we decided to go with 354cc. My implants are also made by Natrelle which is a high quality brand approved by the FDA and commonly used in the U.S.

It was a long day because I was getting so many surgeries, but I felt confident that I was in good hands. All of the doctors are extremely talented and knowledgeable. Of course they have busy schedules, but I never felt rushed. They made me feel comfortable by giving their honest opinions and assuring me that they would perform surgery with great care and safety. At the end of the day, their goal is simple: they want to make you look good.

I’m not going to post prices of the surgeries publicly. This is because everyone’s body is different and the prices will vary from case to case depending on severity. If you’re really concerned with costs, definitely email the clinic for an estimate with your pictures. I can honestly say they don't overcharge foreigners.

Surgery, recovery, and my concluding thoughts will be in the next post!
Hi can u please tell which clinic u been before ? Three years ago ? Might to pm me ? Let me know ?

I wanted to add onto Tina's experience

I had double eyelid revision at DA May 2017 with Dr. Jang. Straight to the point, no BS, will tell you if something doesn't look good, sweet and skilled (i'm still early on judging this since I'm still recovering). I had full incision DES with ptosis correction

My interpreter was Emily. Sweet australian English speaking Korean girl. She was very nice and patient with me. I had a little mini meltdown before going in since I was so scared. She gave me hugs to calm me down.

I consulted with a couple drs along the way, but for some reason Dr. Jang was my favorite. It's interesting because every Dr will suggest somethings lightly different, and you appreciate the variations in perception. All i can say is, WOW, I barely swelled or bruised post operatively. I'm about 1 week out, and my swelling is about 30 % of what it was with my first full incisional DES almost 10 years ago.

all in all, DA is way more organized and efficient than TLPS where my gf had her eyes done. The girls working at DA were also better looking and nicer. I almost flipped my **** looking for my gf who had surgery at TL. Nobody knew what was going on or where she was. We will see how things settle in 6 months from now, but I personally liked Dr. Jang and DA

I just notice that dr Jang isn't in DA any longer.. Anyone knows where she works now?

If the doctor is a board certified doctor and if you know his/her full name, you should be able to use prskorea website to check at what clinic the doctor is currently working, assuming he/she is employed of course :smile:

Hi everyone,

***My name is Tina and I wanted to share my plastic surgery experience in Korea with DA Plastic Surgery. I was NOT paid or sponsored to advertise the clinic. You may see my before/after pictures on the clinic’s social media sites, but I volunteered for the staff to use them because I had such a positive experience. I just saw that another user posted her review on DA and she was a selected as a model for the clinic. I'll be giving you my perspective as an ordinary patient.***

BACKGROUND:
3 years before:
I went to a large well-known plastic surgery clinic in Gangnam. I had non-incisional eyelid surgery, epicanthoplasty, and rhinoplasty using a silicone implant and my own nasal cartilage for the tip. I had typical small eyes vertically and laterally. The consultant recommended non-incisional and I liked that it involved less healing time. My original nose was quite short so the doctor recommended lengthening it. My experience with this clinic was the typical “factory” experience.

3 years later:
My eyes were very droopy and uneven. The epi was noticeably uneven as well as the eyelids. I was in obvious need of ptosis correction too. My nose tip became droopy and looked even more short than originally. It was also crooked and lacked any definition or shape. I HATED my nose and eyes so much. It was a little depressing seeing pictures of myself and I didn’t like looking at myself in the mirror. I would never go back to that clinic even if they fixed it for free.

Spring/Summer 2016:
I started researching clinics for revision double eyelid and rhinoplasty. I narrowed it down to TLPS and Wonjin. Then I came on PurseForum. I saw a lot of posts mentioning TLPS, Wonjin, ID, View, MVP, Trend, Banobagi, etc. However there was one clinic I kept seeing pop up which was DAPRS. I had never heard of it before, but I noticed that users kept saying positive things about DA mainly in regards to facial contouring. I never thought about doing facial contouring before, but when I looked at the website I was so impressed with their results. They were dramatic, but not plastic monster looking. I did an online consultation request for eyes/nose revision and I received a quick reply the next day. Their English consultant was also very fluent so it made me feel even better. I don’t know about all of you, but my first impression of a clinic begins as soon as I contact them. Many other clinics took too long to reply or their lack of English ability made me uncomfortable. At this point my feeling toward DA was a good one.

My main point of contact was through a staff member named Sky. I could not have gone through this experience without her. She makes herself available for any questions/concerns and speaks English very well. She’s incredibly sweet and pretty—looks like doll! When I arrived at the clinic I also met another English-speaking staff member named Sarah who is also very helpful and friendly. I think a big part of why I enjoyed my time at DA was because of Sky and Sarah. I definitely plan to stay in contact with both of them because they’re two of the coolest people you will ever meet. I confirmed my arrival date with Sky and she set up my consultation. Easy!

CONSULTATION DAY:
DA clinic is super easy to find and in a great location. I first met Sarah one of the English speaking staff members. She introduced herself and walked me into the clinic to help me get settled. The overall vibe of the clinic is clean and relaxing. It has a nice modern interior that makes you feel welcomed. I filled out my paperwork and then waited to consult with the doctors. At this point something took a hold of me. I originally came for just eye and nose revision. However, I thought since I’m here and Dr. Lee is one of the best surgeons in the world for facial contouring…I might as well? At this point I said to myself “why not?” and opted for a breast consultation too. #YOLO! After taking my “before” pictures it was time to meet the doctors. I was a little nervous, but I was feeling really good about everything once I was actually there in person.

Dr. Lee is the head of the clinic and one of the most talented surgeons for facial contouring. When I first met him I was surprised because he was quite young looking and actually pretty cute! Usually you’d expect an old and grumpy looking doctor to be the boss, but not in this case :P I told him that I didn’t want a super fake look and I definitely didn’t want a pointy chin. He agreed and said that I didn’t need zygoma reduction because my face wasn’t that wide to begin with. He suggested slimming my jaw, moving my chin forward, and doing some fat grafting. He wasn’t pushy and didn’t suggest unnecessary procedures. I definitely have a lot of respect for him because his results with previous patients are absolutely stunning.

Later I met with Dr. Ahn who did my rhinoplasty. He suggested lengthening my nose, which I 100% agreed with. He said that he would extend the tip of my nose because it was short and that the bridge was already high enough. The tip extension would be done through donated cartilage. I was a little nervous about this consult in particular because I hated my previous nose so much, but Dr. Ahn made it clear what he could achieve and that I wouldn’t be disappointed!

Dr. Jang is the only woman surgeon at the clinic and she is super cool—she’s like Superwoman! She also speaks English very well so I didn’t need Sky or Sarah to translate. She noted that my previous double eyelid surgery and epi were not done very well and that she would do her best to correct it. Dr. Jang recommended ptosis correction along with incisional double eyelid surgery. We also agreed to extend the outer corners too. She’s very meticulous with her work so I felt really good knowing that she was going to operate on me.

Dr. Koo does DA’s breast augmentations. I thought about getting implants before in the U.S., but I was always scared it would look too big and fake. When I looked at Dr. Koo’s before/after pictures I immediately wanted him to do my breast augmentation. He has a good eye and knows what will look good on your body. He helps you achieve balance with your body proportions. I tried on a couple implant sizes using a bra. He went over the different types of implants, saline vs. silicone, teardrop vs. round, inframmary incision (under breast) vs. transaxillary incision (armpit). He definitely knows what will work best for you, so he helped guide me through these decisions. I ended up getting round silicone implants with an inframmary incision and we decided to go with 354cc. My implants are also made by Natrelle which is a high quality brand approved by the FDA and commonly used in the U.S.

It was a long day because I was getting so many surgeries, but I felt confident that I was in good hands. All of the doctors are extremely talented and knowledgeable. Of course they have busy schedules, but I never felt rushed. They made me feel comfortable by giving their honest opinions and assuring me that they would perform surgery with great care and safety. At the end of the day, their goal is simple: they want to make you look good.

I’m not going to post prices of the surgeries publicly. This is because everyone’s body is different and the prices will vary from case to case depending on severity. If you’re really concerned with costs, definitely email the clinic for an estimate with your pictures. I can honestly say they don't overcharge foreigners.

Hi @tinzy! Your results look amazing and I am so happy that you had a good experience too! I know this may be a long shot as you had posted more than a year ago, but I wanted to ask (if you are comfortable answering) roughly how much were you charged for genioplasty, eye surgery (DES & epi) and rhinoplasty with cartilage? I am interested in DA but want to know what I should expect in terms of costs.

Also, were they able to help you buy medication or you had to go on your own? Did they provide any pumpkin porridge, etc.? Did they provide transportation to and from DA and your place of stay for all your appointments?

How are your results 1-2 years post op?

Please let me know if you could :smile: Thank you

OMGGGGG!!! yes at 10:24 she mentioned that another Thai woman died in the clinic with same doctor who did the surgery for her.

Right now I'm doing research like crazy because I want to go for surgery in January. DA is forever out of my list!!!
We only have one face and one life!!! Please do more research girls!!
Oh my word @tiffanyfah why am I just learning this! I swear after my last surgery at DA in April 2017 I was terrified I almost died as I could not breathe post waking up from their GA. I wondered why their consent form made you sign that you are aware of a horrible GA and aware of death. It felt like they were covering themselves for any complications. After that GA, I swore I would never go back to DA. I had only tried DA as I managed to negotiate hard for 3 cheap fgs but that recovery and the fg distortion was too much. Never again. Also while waiting hours for my surgery I heard a poor man moaning in pain in a room opposite and thought wow why don't the nurses give him stronger analgaesia?

I just hope DA will stop creating botched jobs and bear the responsibility.... i am still paying from DA’s botched job and it’s been year 3 now :sad:

Hopefully no one got trapped by DA anymore and if people go there i really hope the doctors can deliver good results unlike what they did to me :sad: :sad: :sad:

Reactions: MissOrange
Oh my word @tiffanyfah why am I just learning this! I swear after my last surgery at DA in April 2017 I was terrified I almost died as I could not breathe post waking up from their GA. I wondered why their consent form made you sign that you are aware of a horrible GA and aware of death. It felt like they were covering themselves for any complications. After that GA, I swore I would never go back to DA. I had only tried DA as I managed to negotiate hard for 3 cheap fgs but that recovery and the fg distortion was too much. Never again. Also while waiting hours for my surgery I heard a poor man moaning in pain in a room opposite and thought wow why don't the nurses give him stronger analgaesia?

hi there,

I was wondering what procedure did you get done and with which doctor?> I'm heading there in feb and now I'm scared = O !! thank you in advance

Oh wow.

We were both selected as models and stayed at the same guesthouse. We received our surgeries for free. I guess DA told her to say she paid for the surgeries in her review. We were both rushed out of the recovery room because they were closed on a Sunday (or for the night- if I remember correctly) while still recovery from anesthesia and I was gagging in the taxi to the guesthouse. The English translators were awesome as mentioned but I have sagging from facial contouring. I’m considering going back to fix my problems but need to do more research because of mixed reviews that I’m just only now noticing. I have asked if I can return as a model because of my sagging issues and now waiting on reply.

Whe
Hi everyone,

BACKGROUND:
3 years before:

3 years later:

Spring/Summer 2016:

CONSULTATION DAY:

When you go Korea, which place is better stay for foreigners who go to Korea for plastic surgery ?
Hi everyone,

BACKGROUND:
3 years before:

3 years later:

Spring/Summer 2016:

CONSULTATION DAY:

Wow I love your result. It is so pretty. I also wanted to do eyes nose and V line shaped. What are your recommendations to reduce scars and deswelling after surgeries .

Oh wow.

We were both selected as models and stayed at the same guesthouse. We received our surgeries for free. I guess DA told her to say she paid for the surgeries in her review. We were both rushed out of the recovery room because they were closed on a Sunday (or for the night- if I remember correctly) while still recovery from anesthesia and I was gagging in the taxi to the guesthouse. The English translators were awesome as mentioned but I have sagging from facial contouring. I’m considering going back to fix my problems but need to do more research because of mixed reviews that I’m just only now noticing. I have asked if I can return as a model because of my sagging issues and now waiting on reply.
I wanted to have facial contouring . How much does it cost ?