My Order Arrived: Barrett and Sabrina

Mar 3, 2008
Well, I bought the two w/my PCE. I can't say I really love either! I don't like the small/medium espresso Sabrina AT ALL. The color is pretty, the leather is nice, but the style (IMO) reminds me of a bag my Grandma would carry. Actually makes me think of the 'doctor bags' we used to carry in the 80's: like Liz Claiborne, etc. Not for me! I'm not even wanting the Sabrina in the cherry now. Just don't like the style of the bag!

The Barrett is a nice, pretty bag. I don't really have anything bad to say about it. It upholds Legacy standards. BUT, it won't fit comfortably on my shoulder. I could wear it there, but it digs into my arm pit. And I don't want to have to carry it in my hand or the crook of my arm. They're both going back!

As many of you know, I had intended to buy a camel Bridgit w/my PCE. But that didn't happen. I did receive a 25% coupon for the complaint I e-mailed to Coach regarding my recent experience. I called JAX today and they have 'less than 30' camel and 1 walnut Bridgit left. I'm going to order one color. But now....which color! I'm still leaning towards the camel. Opinions? Suggestions????

Aw i'm sorry your not feeling any. Definitely take them back! I think you should get the walnut since there is only 1 left

I think Camel would scratch easier but I had a camel legacy shoulder bag and the scratches really didn't bother me. I like the walnut color too, sorry I guess I'm not really helping, lol.

Sorry you don't like either of the bags. With the Barrett, I knew that I wouldn't be able to wear it on my shoulder, so bought it with the intent of carrying it in my hand or crook of my arm. If it doesn't work for you then you definitely need to take it back and get what you want. Sorry the Sabrina didn't work out for you either. Good luck with your Bridgit decision (I would probably go with the walnut).

Walnut! Here's the thing...almost every camel Bridgit I've ever seen has a noticeable flaw. I just saw one at the outlet, and same thing. Mine also has a flaw, as I bought it at the outlet. I personally didn't care because I know how to deal with it to make it less noticeable. But if that potential bothers you, and knowing that it scratches, I would say it's a better gamble for getting a good walnut bag than a camel one. The thing is I KNOW they are going to the outlets because I saw one that had just arrived yesterday. Time you order a camel one, and if you do not like it, I'm not sure you will have the opportunity again (unless you can score at an outlet). In general, walnut does scratch, but not as bad, and also color transfer is not as big of an issue.

The other option is to buy both, and return the one that you don't like. Not sure how this will work with the 25% off one item, but you could ask them what would happen if you need to return one (and the discount was taken off the other one).

Good luck, and I'm really sorry you didn't like either the Barrett and Sabrina!!

OH... SO SORRY you have had terrible luck lately. Well I am glad to hear you can get a Bridgit with the old/nicer Legacy leather. I love both Camel and Walnut but if I had to choose one I think I would go for the Walnut over the Camel. Best of Luck!

I'm sorry you don't like the barrett or Sabrina. it's true they are both rather vintage looking. They both remind me of the more ladylike bags of the 40's and 50's (that's actually what I like about them). If I were you, i'd order both the walnut and perhaps even a couple of the tan bridgits. Since there aren't many left in the system, there are higher chances of getting an imperfect bag. Look over them and chose the one you like best. You can even have them sent to the store and look over them right there and just take home your favourite.

A lot of the legacy leathers scratch easily, but even though Coach says not to use moisturizer on the bags, I'm pretty sure I've heard of the ladies here having good luck with apple moisturizer on spots with scratches. I know I've used coach moisturizer on vintage leather before with great success.

Good luck!!!

I ordered both the walnut and camel Bridgits Friday evenings through JAX so I could compare colors/quality of bags. They are being shipped separately. On the 25% off bag (walnut), there was no shipping added. I told the SA, I did not intend to keep both bags and how would the discount work. She said the boutique will do a 'one time discount transfer' on the bag I decide to keep, if needed. I'm sooo excited to see them both! Thanks for ALL your help everyone!

I bought a Legacy ponytail scarf w/my PCE also (c's on one side/stripes on the other). Does anyone 'decorate' their Bridgit? Or would it be too much w/all the hardware, etc.? I may take it back also w/the Sabrina and Barrett.