My OPI chips bad! Any ideas to stop it??

Absolutely Alice and Mad as a Hatter are both horrible for chipping, even with a base and top coat. There are a few blog posts out there talking about it, but I decided to take the risk and buy them anyway, and Absolutely Alice had fully chipped off about half of my nails (eg. the entire nail coming off in one chunk) in a day after I'd put it on. Not impressed!

A girl at work told me the other day (*not sure if this is true*) that most nail polishes now are formulated for fake nails, which is why they chip so much on "real" nails. I am not sure how fake nails differ from natural nails in terms of paint needs, or why they would gear their formulas to them. She could be totally wrong, but I thought it was an interesting theory.

A girl at work told me the other day (*not sure if this is true*) that most nail polishes now are formulated for fake nails, which is why they chip so much on "real" nails. I am not sure how fake nails differ from natural nails in terms of paint needs, or why they would gear their formulas to them. She could be totally wrong, but I thought it was an interesting theory.

hmm.. that is an interesting thought. I don't like that I pay $8.50 a bottle and when I put it on it peels off in a day. In the past two days I have had to reapply the Alice opi about 5 times.. BUT when I want to take it off it doesn't come off!!:nuts:

I know when I wear fake nails they hold polish MUCH better than my real nails do. But I've noticed that with every type of polish I've tried, including 15+ year old ones. I don't know why fake nails hold polish so much better than real... it's weird.

I wear light color polishes so I don't need to use base coat instead I use skip chip as my base coat and OPI top coat. My nails don't chip at all for days and when they do they just chip a little.

SO I discovered a way to wear the glitters with out chipping (I think ;)) I was experiementing with my new colors and layered the matte Red alice in wonderland OPI with Mad as a hatter on top of it and it seemed to work! But it was a pain to get off my nails with remover. Perhaps if I get a light blue and use it as my base coat the Alice will not chip!?

your nails may be oily if so use OPI chip skip and a really sticky base coat
I have insanely oily nails and none of OPI base coats work for me , I use Orly Bonder or China Glaze Strong Adhesion base coat and I use mostly OPI polish and it works really well with these two base coats

I think CND "stickey" is a great base coat, really keeps things on! As far as top coat goes I use whatever is around with a OPI drip dry over it.
my mani's last 5-7 days no chips.