My new to me "beater" 227 reissue!

You are a sweetie....many many thanks for posting your mod! Looks PERFECT :graucho::tup::loveeyes:on you, I really like the size!! I totally get what you are saying w/ "too many bags to baby" so it's nice having this one. I simply can't make up my damn mind on a jumbo reissue or jumbo CF. Shoot me now :lol:please! THANKS kindly again & Congrats on your awesome bag!:love:

Something about the jumbo CC just feels overwhelming on me, but I see it on other people and just love it! lol... There is something so sweet about the CC closure, it's a tough call. I think you just have to come across the right one and you'll know it when you see it. I do like a single flap in such a large bag to be honest, so that's a positive of a jumbo CC as you can usually find one with a single flap (actually not 100% if they make them like that new right now, but I know they have if you are going pre-owned). I have the second flap on this tucked in and it's way more functional/less cumbersome, but I can tuck it in because the bag is so well broken in lol... I doubt you can nor would I try on a new condition one.... Anyway, look forward to seeing what you decide on!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kendie26
I bought a used 227 (silver HW) from 2007, because I didn't want to overuse my precious gold HW 228.

My 227 was cheaper because it had a few creases and one side has a bit of a dent, but I love it and don't have to worry about it. It's a workhorse for me!

Reactions: Lola24
Congrats!!! I LOVE my 227! Mine is single-flap and so fuss-free to use. I see so many "CC's" (not that there's anything wrong with that....I have a CC wallet!) and it's kind of fun to have a version that feels a bit less commonly seen. If you need help with restoration, I can't recommend LeatherPros enough. Had such a positive, reasonably-priced experience with them! Enjoy!

Reactions: Lola24