My new Stam Handles is flawed...What to do?

Just enjoy it, Mumm. It was a great deal!

I returned mine since it was not lacquered. Due to the holiday weekend, it probably has not even arrived at Wynn yet.

Customer service was fine so far. I am just awaiting the refund.

Just enjoy it, Mumm. It was a great deal!

I returned mine since it was not lacquered. Due to the holiday weekend, it probably has not even arrived at Wynn yet.

Customer service was fine so far. I am just awaiting the refund.

Thanks Nas! :smile: I'll definitely enjoy it!

I'm sorry to hear yours didn't work out. :shucks:

I do agree, their service has been great!

not to start trouble or anything, but i sincerely think that there's an error in the information saying it's a bias cut on the handles. the ONLY bags i have seen with seamed handles were from the striping lines from 2006. I have NEVER seen a stam with a bias seam in the handle before and from the picture you provided, it looks like a cut to me.

if im wrong, then i sure do hope MJ isn't cutting corners so much that they're piecing handles like this because from a design standpoint, that is a cheap-a$$ way to go about manufacturing for luxury goods. i would email diego again, re-examine the bag and make sure it's not a seam and a cut for sure and get a replacement.

the striping line bags had serious issues with the piecing done on the handles and even done in a bias fashion, it's still a major weak part in the bag, if that's the case.

and in all honesty, if it is the case and MJ is now doing bias seams on their handles to cut costs, im terribly disappointed :tdown:

Hi Ladies!

Been MIA for a few days, just got back from a roadtrip!

So here's the update on my blk lac stam.

Wynn had gotten back to me and their buyer said that they were not able to get a new one for replacement. MJ only allow exchanges of stock from retailers within a 2 week period of receipt. As this was a SS11 bag, Wynn boutique did not have any more.

After I received their response, I decided to email Diego regarding the handle to see if it was repairable. I emailed the pics to him.
To my surprise this was his response...

Dear XXXX,

Thanks for the email and pictures.

Please note that there is nothing wrong with your SS11 Stam bag.
The slit on handle its actually a BIAS CUT of handle, and the hardware looks like a worn and the scratches are normal.
MJ changes hardware finished in each season.

Your Stam bag is in perfect conditions.

Ciao,

Diego

I emailed him back regarding the clarification on the bias cut, but I didn't hear back. I was thinking the bias cut was done due to the nature of that piece of leather to help wrap the handles around the sharp curve. But I'm not sure though.

Since I really loved the black lac stam and it's very hard to find one on sale, I decided to keep it. And to MJ standards, there's nothing wrong with it. :smile:

I don't mind the brushed worn hardware either :smile:

So here's the end of the story! :biggrin:
Thanks again ladies for all your help and support! And Diego too for the quick email response and assurance! :hugs:

I like what you just posted Jun! To me that bag does look like it just has a cut, period. Not cool... :sad: I would most prob return a bag that looks like it has a cut...