My new Mulberry! But shall I return it?!

nikki2304

Jan 3, 2014
I I have never been a massive mulberry fan to be honest however I felt this was an absolute bargain at £400 due to a missing buckle which they are replacing as a gesture of goodwill (long story!)

Now I m unsure wether to keep it as I feel it is quite big and almost briefcase like?

Or shall I sell it as I know I will make back my money at least maybe some more and find my HOly grail Louis Vuitton Alma Amarante MM :smile:)

Help!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1403476381.817476.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1403476405.573904.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1403476419.155871.jpg

I think if your heart isn't singing, then you should let it go, I would never keep a bag that I wasn't sure about as you won't feel confident carrying her - even if she was a bargain, £400 is still £400 towards something that gives you a buzz! As to selling her on, I have never sold on one of my M girls so there are others on here that would know more about the pitfalls of that!

Yes maybe you're right. I would feel much happier with the LV though it is more than three times the cost sadly!

Are these hard to resell? It is brand new with tags and receipt so didn't think it would be an issue to at least get my money back hopefully? Any experience with this?

Yes maybe you're right. I would feel much happier with the LV though it is more than three times the cost sadly!

Are these hard to resell? It is brand new with tags and receipt so didn't think it would be an issue to at least get my money back hopefully? Any experience with this?
There does appear to be a lot of oversized Alexas for sale on second hand sites etc.
They are also quite cheap and have already been reduced. Its not as popular bag as was previously and the old style soft buffalo is even less popular. There are also the new polished buffalo style in Selfridges sale and on Kafka website, all under a £1000.
Think carefully because I am not sure you would sell it on easily.

I can't return it!!! I bought it from a store that offers no returns so maybe I'll be stuck. Typical! Though when I look on other secondhand sites etc recently they do still sell, baring in mind like I say there's dust bag, receipt and tags and it's unused surely I can recover what I paid worst case.

If not then I'll have to just take what I get

I think you would easily get your money back if you were to sell provided you wait till the buckle was in place. But if you don't want the hassle that comes with selling then return it. Edited because I just saw you can't return it.

Yes I'll definately wait until the buckle is replaced. Crazy how things come in and out of fashion so easily as when I saw it I thought they were still in trend!

Saying this if I loved it but it wasn't in fashion I would still probably keep it but as it's neither then it seems pointless to do that!

I can't return it!!! I bought it from a store that offers no returns so maybe I'll be stuck. Typical! Though when I look on other secondhand sites etc recently they do still sell, baring in mind like I say there's dust bag, receipt and tags and it's unused surely I can recover what I paid worst case.

Oh I see, I thought you could as it said in the title. Yes I'm sure it will sell, I just meant that selling on is a bit a of hassle, especially when you've only just bought it.

If you can sell without paying any commission, I'm sure you will recoup your money. Many of the resale sites charge up to 30% commission.

aww I would take all the stuffing out, and put all your bits and pieces in there and then you will see that they do slouch beautifully and it will not feel briefcase like at all.

For the money I can't think of a nicer bag that you could find TBH - its going to get better and better with use.

Use her for a month and see if you fall in love, you will still then be able to sell her for what you paid so its good sense!

I keep swapping and changing my mind lol but I certainly don't want to wear it a month then sell as it seems like a lot of money to lose eg I would get more for a bag brand new with tags than used so if I keep it I would want at least a year out of it.

I mainly dress formal for work in a suit and I feel the look is more casual. Grrrr, decisions decisions :sad: