my new Leslie has a strange odor ××

cwc3

O.G.
Dec 25, 2009
i ordered the Leslie bag from surprise sale and when it came it has a weird ordor. It doesnt smell like leather while I assume this is made with leather. I am so.disappointed. I would have returned it if it is not final sale. This is not my first kate spade bag and never experience quality like this.

for those who own the small.Leslie bag, do you experience the same?

I bought a Henry Lane Emmy as a final sale on the KS site, and I think I know what smell you're talking about. It's hard to pinpoint, but it's enough to give you headache. At first I thought it'd be the dye as it was bright orange, but the smell was coming from the inside, so I'm thinking it's gotta be the glue that's holding everything together inside.

i ordered the Leslie bag from surprise sale and when it came it has a weird ordor. It doesnt smell like leather while I assume this is made with leather. I am so.disappointed. I would have returned it if it is not final sale. This is not my first kate spade bag and never experience quality like this.

for those who own the small.Leslie bag, do you experience the same?

Received my Kate Spade Aubree yesterday and it smells too. How did you get rid of yours? It is giving me a headache.

I bought a Henry Lane Emmy as a final sale on the KS site, and I think I know what smell you're talking about. It's hard to pinpoint, but it's enough to give you headache. At first I thought it'd be the dye as it was bright orange, but the smell was coming from the inside, so I'm thinking it's gotta be the glue that's holding everything together inside.

It's like a chemical smell right? My Aubree has a horrible smell too. I've tried to air it out, tried baking soda ... nothing has worked.

My bag is cream so I didn't think it could be the dye.

It's driving me nuts and giving me a horrible headache

My little Minka smells weird too, it has been a month now? It still smells bad, like a waxy smell? like it had been stored in a place with no ventilation for a long long time. I have a large Minka and it didn't have any smell and the leather is much smooshier

My little Minka smells weird too, it has been a month now? It still smells bad, like a waxy smell? like it had been stored in a place with no ventilation for a long long time. I have a large Minka and it didn't have any smell and the leather is much smooshier

Do you think it's safe for us to be inhaling and touching these bags with weird smells? Haha

I've had mine out for three days straight now, just basking in the sun. I think it's a little better..either that or I'm becoming immune to the smell...

I'm pretty sure the final sale items are factory seconds....either that, or Kate Spade has horrible quality control.

I'm pretty sure the final sale items are factory seconds....either that, or Kate Spade has horrible quality control.

I hardly hope not. Before finding my Emmy and my mom's Audrey, I found both of them at a Kate Spade store. Given, the two that they had at the store were the last ones they had, but I only ended up buying online because it was surprisingly so much cheaper (like $100+ difference on both of them). So I don't think they're "factory seconds" at all. I figured they'd send them out to the outlets first.

Plus, my mom's Audrey, which came in at the same time, did NOT smell. I've also bought final sale bags plenty of times before, and they've never been this bad!!! :nogood: