My new Le Pliage City XS.

triotrio

O.G.
Apr 28, 2008
I've come to the conclusion that I've been priced out of LV for good - so for a new casual crossbody, I looked at Longchamp.

I have a Speedy B 30, but truth be told the older I get, the lighter I travel and now I find my few meagre bits rattle around in it somewhat. (Although in comparison it's more the height and depth that make it bigger than this as you can see. I wonder if it'd be comparable to the 25?)

So basically I needed a "phone, wallet, keys and lip balm" bag, and I didn't want to spend €1000 on one.

So here it is! It's billed as "terracotta" but it looks orange on the website. I thought it'd be a fun pop of colour. It is NOT orange! It is a true browny brick like houses are made of here. I don't mind it, but I was a bit suprised on arrival. But hey, it's a neutral, right??

For reference, I'm a sturdy 5'7". M-L in clothes. This is on the second smallest hole out of 4, so I think it may be too long for petites without punching an additional hole. Taller ladies need not worry though.

It feels very similar to the Epi line in LV in texture. I think it'd be good in the rain which is helpful as I live in a wet climate. It's also surprisingly deep and has good bottom width. I'm excited to see how much it fits. If it ends up being a real little magic bag in terms of capacity, then I'll definitely get more colours next year!

20230104_110213.jpg

20230104_110431.jpg

20230104_110520.jpg

20230104_111204.jpg

20230104_113212.jpg

truth be told the older I get, the lighter I travel and now I find my few meagre bits rattle around in it somewhat.
I feel you. I carry so little nowadays that my things slide all around in my bigger bags. I used to own this Terracotta in the pouch with top handle. It is a gorgeous color. Very happy to hear that this bag meets your needs. Welcome to Longchamp and hope to see more posts from you too. We are a friendly bunch. :flowers:

I've come to the conclusion that I've been priced out of LV for good - so for a new casual crossbody, I looked at Longchamp.

I have a Speedy B 30, but truth be told the older I get, the lighter I travel and now I find my few meagre bits rattle around in it somewhat. (Although in comparison it's more the height and depth that make it bigger than this as you can see. I wonder if it'd be comparable to the 25?)

So basically I needed a "phone, wallet, keys and lip balm" bag, and I didn't want to spend €1000 on one.

So here it is! It's billed as "terracotta" but it looks orange on the website. I thought it'd be a fun pop of colour. It is NOT orange! It is a true browny brick like houses are made of here. I don't mind it, but I was a bit suprised on arrival. But hey, it's a neutral, right??

For reference, I'm a sturdy 5'7". M-L in clothes. This is on the second smallest hole out of 4, so I think it may be too long for petites without punching an additional hole. Taller ladies need not worry though.

It feels very similar to the Epi line in LV in texture. I think it'd be good in the rain which is helpful as I live in a wet climate. It's also surprisingly deep and has good bottom width. I'm excited to see how much it fits. If it ends up being a real little magic bag in terms of capacity, then I'll definitely get more colours next year!

View attachment 5683154

View attachment 5683155

View attachment 5683156

View attachment 5683157

View attachment 5683158
Great review. Thanks for sharing ❤️

Over the weekend, I bought one of these bags (in black, of course) through a personal shopper and can't wait to try it out after seeing these posts! Does anyone have recommendations for base shapers for these bags?

I'm currently using a Le Pliage Neo XS as my daily bag, but am dreading the day when the corners wear out and will have to get them fixed and eventually "retire" the bag once the repaired corners wear down too... which is why I bought the coated canvas version to hopefully avoid the replacement cycle.

Over the weekend, I bought one of these bags (in black, of course) through a personal shopper and can't wait to try it out after seeing these posts! Does anyone have recommendations for base shapers for these bags?

I'm currently using a Le Pliage Neo XS as my daily bag, but am dreading the day when the corners wear out and will have to get them fixed and eventually "retire" the bag once the repaired corners wear down too... which is why I bought the coated canvas version to hopefully avoid the replacement cycle.
I don't have one and the bag is sturdy enough that it doesn't really sag. This is after more than a year of using it as my daily bag.

• Love
Reactions: inverved