My new HH Mercer Satchel...

WCLC

Feb 11, 2006
I received my Hayden Harnett Mercer Satchel in Black yesterday. I'll have to post pics tonight.

The leather is sooooooo soft. The bag is pretty lightweight which is a feature I appreciate in a bag. I really like this bag. I carried it to the office with today and it looked very appropriate with my suit. The handles are a little longer than my other satchels so I can wear it without it being a "pit" bag. The zipper on the main compartment works smoothly and I like the two size magnet pockets -- easy access to the cell phone!

I know I echo the other HH owners on this board but again, the leather is so nice and soft! How many times can I say it? Why did I wait so long to try this bag?

I only wish the lining was a print or something other than black but that's ok. I highly recommend this bag.

ooh I just discovered HH not too long ago and I recently just purchaved the havana large hobo in luggage and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I get a lot of compliments on it...and now a couple of friends and co-workers are planning to get one as well. The only downside is that the leather is so delicate that it stains easily and when wet the leather tends to get wrinkly. I'm thinking of getting the mercer clutch next. I also heard that Bergdorf Goodman just picked them up, so it may be best to get them now before their prices soar.

Count me in! I'm a total HH Mercer Satchel convert. Some of you will know I just bought the coral and I've already gotten tons of attention for it. I love love love the leather and the roominess. So relaxed. This bag joins my MJ Blake and my Bulda Medium studded tote. If only it also came in Chocolate brown....that would be perfect. Can't resist posting my pix!

IMG_1934.jpg

IMG_1927_1.jpg

Thanks for the encouragement!

Lollie - Lunaboston suggested that I put something on my bag to protect it, but I'm not sure how that might affect the texture of the bag.

Pseub - Yes, love my mercer satchel. The leather is awesome. As part of my research on this bag, I read your reviews of the mercer! Thanks for posting such great recommendations for it. I love how easy it is to carry and that it doesn't weigh a ton. Now I can find my cell phone easily!!!

SHC - I love your coral satchel. It's a beauty. If I didn't already have a coral bag, I may have gotten that one. I really needed a great black bag that could be used in many situations. Some of my other bags are too "classically office" which is ok when I need it but I can use this bag on the weekends and for going out

I love my HH Hobo. It is my favorite bag. Better than my balenciaga (oh no, i didn't just say that...) On another post some one recommended Coach cleaner for the leather. I hate to admit it, but I just lick my finger and wipe away the dust. But I am super careful with my bag. I love the leather. I love the design. It is just perfect. I just wish it was bigger. And I don't like that nico. Give me a big bag that is easy to get into HAYDEN HARNETT. and i will love you forever.

WCLC said:
Thanks for the encouragement!

Lollie - Lunaboston suggested that I put something on my bag to protect it, but I'm not sure how that might affect the texture of the bag.

Pseub - Yes, love my mercer satchel. The leather is awesome. As part of my research on this bag, I read your reviews of the mercer! Thanks for posting such great recommendations for it. I love how easy it is to carry and that it doesn't weigh a ton. Now I can find my cell phone easily!!!

SHC - I love your coral satchel. It's a beauty. If I didn't already have a coral bag, I may have gotten that one. I really needed a great black bag that could be used in many situations. Some of my other bags are too "classically office" which is ok when I need it but I can use this bag on the weekends and for going out

I totally get what you're saying. My Blake is very polished and office...and HEAVY. I love it but a great black bag for relaxing is also a must - I'm honestly tempted to pick up the satchel in black too. Or maybe I'll wait for brown....I'm also looking forward to the answer about the leather on the hobo. Maybe a HH hobo...