My New Hatper Tote is Wrinkly!

lilac28

O.G.
Aug 21, 2008
image.jpg Dropped off bag ban to purchase the Harper stripe centre zip tote in antique camel, it was on sale and with the 30% off and $50 gift card, it came out to a pretty decent price of $315. Was so excited to get it tonite as it was shipped for free. No gift box at all which although no big deal, would've been nice. Bigger problem is that the leather is so wrinkly! Is this normal for the pebbled leather or possibly defective?

View attachment 3535556 Dropped off bag ban to purchase the Harper stripe centre zip tote in antique camel, it was on sale and with the 30% off and $50 gift card, it came out to a pretty decent price of $315. Was so excited to get it tonite as it was shipped for free. No gift box at all which although no big deal, would've been nice. Bigger problem is that the leather is so wrinkly! Is this normal for the pebbled leather or possibly defective?
It looks really bad under the lighting. On their website the leather looks so smooth!

I'd definitely exchange it and go in-store (if possible) to see the display models. I like doing this so I can see how the bag will wear after a while, since it's usually been handled by customers. I was interested in the Harper Messenger which is slouchy but I saw a floor model that had crinkled leather similar to the tote in your picture.

Thank you both for your replies. I had to return the bag as they no longer had the antique camel in stock. They showed me the same tote in the macau colour and the leather was definitely better on that one. I was impressed with the service today, even though I was doing a return, I got great service and a little bottle of water plus the SA offered to let me know of any upcoming deals. First time I experienced the great CS that others have mentioned.