My new beauty - what do you think? Is it a keeper?

I have had this bag (used a lot in year 1) for 2-3 years. This one doesn't even have feet!
DSC04581.jpg

Keeper! Such a great price, and it is lovely with that patent trim! Just spray the suede really well with Wilson's or Applegard every so often and you won't even have to worry about the suede trim.

gilsbird - I just got a Madeline last week with that same tye of zipper. I thought it would drive me crazy, but I actually really like it now. It is pretty easy to line up each time, and if you don't unzip it quite all the way, you don't even have to re-fasten the zipper. I like how versatile it makes the bag: the flaps lay flat inside the bag if you unzip it all the way for a true "tote" feel if you want in open and easily accessible, or need it open wide to fit a lot, but if you want it zipped it is still secure. :tup:

Wow, $199 is a GREAT deal, especially on such a nice size tote! Excellent purchase..keep it!! As for the suede, I don't think you'll have a problem with such a dark color suede. If it does get dirty, the Apple suede cleaner is pretty good...and if all else fails, you can let Nordstrom send your bag off for cleaning. I gave them a light pink suede Tylie that was really dirty, and looked FANTASTIC when it came back to me...basically new again!! Best of all, they did it for free!!

Thanks ladies for all your input. I found a way to cheat the zipper issue that works for me (I do this on my poppy gallery tote). I pin a safety pin on the underneath side of the zipper almost to the end. If you do it carefully you don't see it, and that way the zipper doesn't come undone, which really bugged me!