My mom is totally against the idea of ...r/o

yes shopmom, she's right. you'll turn heads with one of your fab bags and a trail of blood while you wince your way across the room.

edit: solution time - have hubby give you a piggyback ride. people can admire the shoes more easily that way too.

HiHeels said:
oh no. where were you when shopmom needed you?
shopmom i feel for you. been there, done that.
get ready to chuck it up to experience and stop punishing your little piggies for this one mistake (what size does your daughter wear? :graucho:)

There's NO WAY Dd is getting her tootsies into my Lou's! Thankfully she thinks they're old lady shoes....I guess she doesn't like leopard print ponyhair with red soles.....thank god.

I'm wearing these babies if it kills me! I just can't walk long distances, that's all. You know....from the house to the car, from the car to the restaurant or wherever, sit the entire time I'm wherever I'm supposed to be and then reverse it all.

That's the plan........

shopmom411 said:
I swear, if I ever find these shoes in the right size I'm jumping on it....that's how much I love them.....

i just hope you aren't wearing the wrong-sized ones when you try to jump. :upsidedown:

but seriously - perfect illustration of why bags are heaven - no bleeding feet involved.

shopmom411 said:
I swear, if I ever find these shoes in the right size I'm jumping on it....that's how much I love them.....

Shopmom - if you can take a size 7, check out bluefly! There's a pair of lou's leopard slides there - but not the mules...

Lieu - I sympathize with you but I totally agree with everyone else - get your birkin (if that's what you really, really want) and you'll love it! I'm searching for my first Kelly and I can't wait to have her!

shopmom411 said:
I'm wearing these babies if it kills me! I just can't walk long distances, that's all. You know....from the house to the car, from the car to the restaurant or wherever, sit the entire time I'm wherever I'm supposed to be and then reverse it all.

That's the plan........

Ahh - I have some shoes like this....DH calls them "limousine shoes" because I basically need a limo when I'm wearing them, to pick me up and drop me off - no walking!!!

You have to suffer for fashion, I'm afraid..............and boy, do I ever!!!!

I think you should get a birkin! It's your money and you can dispose it however you like. But maybe you should get a silk scarf for your mom while you're there? I bought my mom an LV scarf to try to get her intrested in LV, and although she refuses to wear it because she's afraid she'll damage it, she has gradually shown more intrest and acceptance. ;)

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and this will be my first post....I have been reading this forum for about 2 weeks now. Actually my hubby found it b/c I told him I was in search for a Hermes bag and he was reading up on it on the computer and found this forum.

I love reading everyone's ideas and thoughts....I feel like I can identify with all of you. However, I don't have that Birkin or Kelly bag yet.

I was looking on line, and trying to find either a Birkin or a Kelly bag, and can't decide on which. I almost bid on one last night and decided to wait until this weekend, b/c I will possibly have a chance to go to the Houston Hermes boutique. Here are my questions:

1. Never really touched a Hermes bag, and have a chance this weekend? Has anyone been to the Houston boutique, any tips?

2. I am in my late 30's, stay at home mom, w/ 3 kids....don't know which would be suitable for me....A Birkin or a Kelly? What leather, and size.

3. I am a Chanel fan, and have the classic ones that I love, but am also looking for a quality, timeless bag, and useful....that's why I was looking on line for a pre-owned one., to use and not put away like in a museum, I really take care of my purses and don't trash them.

I've been reading alot of the threads, from stay - at -home moms, to this thread, to size of a Birkin or Kelly on different body types....I think I need to touch one physically and see what to purchase, too.

Lastly, Hubby is supportive of all this, but he kind of mentioned that he would rather get me a really nice piece of jewelry instead? Kind of stuck...don't know what to do....but I REALLY "LOVE" this board, you all are a wealth of knowledge, and I really feel like I have a lot in common with you all. Thanks and take care!

Sorry, OP, I didn't want to butt in on your topic, but I've also had problems from not my mom, but others about buying expensive bags....I say "PHOOEY" to them, and buy what you want...it is your own money, you are an adult, and you are buying a quality, and timeless classic, and you are being responsible and mature by even reading up on your future bag, by coming to this board.

This is just my two cents :smile: