My LV in Montreal - They try to sell my a damaged bag

helene20

Feb 12, 2012
Yesterday I went to Louis Vuitton in Montreal to look at the Alma BB in Quetsche again. I have seen the bag in Paris and could not take this bag out of my mind.

I have been to many LV stores around the world and never had the best experience in Montreal. But that's the closest store to where I live. It's a 2 hours drive.

I asked to look at the Alma BB in Quetsche. She looked at her computer and said that there was one left. She then went in the back store and came back about 10 minutes later with a Alma BB and a dust bag that was all wrinkled. I said to her: that dust bag is in pretty bag shape, all of my dust bags are still in perfect condition at home and they don't look like this one.

She looked at me and smile. Right away I had a feeling that there was something wrong. Then I look inside the bag and there was small pieces of something inside. I tried the bag and it looked beautiful on me. She was pushing the sale, following me all over when I was looking at myself in the mirror. Then I said: are you sure it's the last one and she replied yes.

So I said that I needed to inspect the bag. I started to look at the bag and there was 3 scratches on the bag like someone did it with her nails. I showed her the scratches and she said: you know that Epi leather has imperfections. I replied that the bag at over $1600 should be in perfect condition. Then she called another girl and when she saw the bag, she took it from my hands and said: we can order you a brand new one if you wish.

At that point I was upset. I said do you have any Speedy B 30 DE in stock. The 1st girl said no. So I said I will go for a walk and come back to look at other bags.

I came back and the same 1st girl said to me: can you give me your phone # and we will order you a new bag. I said no. Then her day was over and she left me with the second SA.

I started to look at different new bags in DE and asked said to her: it's too bad that you don't have any Speedy B30 DE in stock because I would have bought one. She then said to me: we do have 2 in stock. I was happy and upset at the same time because I could have drove the 2 hours back home without the bag.

She went to get the 2 bags and one still had all the plastic etc. So I felt good that it was brand new. I said that I would buy it.

I then had to pay with my gifts Visa cards that I had saved for a while to buy the bag. She said that another girl would take care of the bill. The 3rd girl was not impressed because it was a lot of Visa cards. She was not the nicest girl and was almost upset to have to do my transaction.

After being in the store for almost 2 hours I ask if I could get water. She replied: we don't give water anymore. So I said that I was really thirsty and she said they could give me tap water.

Then I said I would like to get a box please for my Speedy. Two of them looked at me like they did not want to give me the gift box. I said that I had called LV and that they told me that I was allowed a box with my purchase like in any stores. They gave it to me but were not impressed.

It was not the most pleasant experience, it's not the 1st time that I go to this store and that they act like this.

Hi Helene,
I'm so sorry about your bad experience. Are you able to order online? That may be a better option for next time. Also, it might not hurt to make a complaint with the store manager. No one should be treated like this. Chin up though, I'm waiting for your reveal and congrats on your purchase. Take care. Judy

Wow! I am sorry to hear about your experience. That's a very good point to always inspect the purse before purchasing. Well I hope you enjoy your new purse to the fullest.

I like to order online. Easy returns, flawless items, great packaging, no hassles dealing with rats like those you mentioned. They're so rude. I had the same experience like you did in store- service.

Hi Helene,
I'm so sorry about your bad experience. Are you able to order online? That may be a better option for next time. Also, it might not hurt to make a complaint with the store manager. No one should be treated like this. Chin up though, I'm waiting for your reveal and congrats on your purchase. Take care. Judy

I like to order online but this time wanted to use my Visa gift cards. That's why I drove to Montreal to buy the bag in person. So far my online experience have been excellent. I just did the reveal :smile:

That's too bad, at least you got a brand new bag!! Reveal pics please!

I know, on 2 different occasions it was not the best experience at the Mtl store. I just did the reveal :smile:

Wow! I am sorry to hear about your experience. That's a very good point to always inspect the purse before purchasing. Well I hope you enjoy your new purse to the fullest.

I am so glad I took my time to inspect the bag, that's why I spent 2 hours in the store. I am so happy with my new Speedy :smile:

I like to order online. Easy returns, flawless items, great packaging, no hassles dealing with rats like those you mentioned. They're so rude. I had the same experience like you did in store- service.

I had to return on Speedy that I purchased online because the strap was damaged. But overall I like the online experience. I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience also in a LV store. Should never happened to anyone.

Yes please do a reveal!
I'm sorry you had such an awful experience. I would have left the store after them trying to sell you a damaged bag. I've always heard that they can only sell bags in perfect condition. You could contact corporate, your store is not representing the brand well.
My DE speedy b is my most useful bag. Hope you love it!!!

I just saw your reveal, love your charm!

Last edited:
That's terrible as I I do understand very well! Had one bad experience in the boutique here and needless to say I flat told the rude SA I would not purchase anything from her and left empty handed. I do most if my shopping online but I do go to the boutique to try things on and ended getting three very nice SA's after. Again I am sorry no one needs to be treated this way!

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

I am so sorry that happened to you, every time I go into Louis Vuitton they all greet me and follow me till I buy something, a few time I have to to tell them to leave me alone. I cant stand shopping with people looking over my shoulder.

Glad this story had a happy ending!! I would have been frustrated too with the run around, being told different things about the speedy B, and having to ask for a bag! Great reminder to check the bags for flaws!

omg, that is so awful helene! it's good that you were able to get the bag, but that service is just awful!

I had a similar situation at Saks in Boston, MA where I wanted to get a speedy 35 in DE and the one I looked at seemed "off" and the lock on it was already tarnished! I asked to see another one and they said they were sold out. Finally, after 1/2 hour of me deliberating, I said that I would like them to call me when a different one came in (as I live closeby and didn't want to settle on that one). The SA asked me to wait while she checked the back (for the 2nd time) and said she found another one which I ended up buying, but it was strange how it mysteriously appeared from thin air. It shouldn't be so hard to find a good SA at a store like LV, IMO!

Oh wow. I have been very lucky I guess. I would not accept that kind of service at all and prob not leave the store until she apologized. Then I would call the manager and the managers manager again. Lol.

I have always been offered drinks and more. Terrible service..from a to z. Please make a call and speak to the manager or else I will do it on ur behalf;)

I am sorry for you. Maybe they are to young to serve people or they sell boxes on ebay ... I dont get it ... They should treat you like a queen so you would come back ...

But you bag is wonderful, glad you listened to your inner voice :smile: