My lucky day: I stumbled on a Large Trio! Should I keep my Oversized too?

bellsbells

Nov 21, 2012
OK so some of you may have read in the Trio thread that I called all the boutiques in Paris looking for a Large Trio and to see what colors they had in regular Trios. L'Eclaireur said they had the Large in black, so I hustled over there the next morning but it turns out they meant the Oversized, and the SA told me they'd had a client in the day before who wanted a large, so they called all the boutiques in Paris and nobody had one. Somehow I ended up leaving the store with the Oversized :blush: (I still haven't taken it out of the bag.)

Then today I was in the neighborhood of the Victor Hugo Celine boutique so I stopped in to see if they had the Bleu Orage color of Trio, just out of curiosity because I didn't know what that color looked like. They only had yellow, light blue, and I believe red. Then I said, "you don't have the large size by any chance, do you?" And she said, "we have only one, in bordeaux." I was floored. So of course I bought it without thinking twice (I also picked up a yellow zipper wallet because my Comme des Garcons wallet is too big to fit in it).

Now I'm in a pickle. Do I keep both, or return/sell the Oversized? I wanted the Large to use inside a bigger bag, or on its own when I go out at night. The Oversized is a perfect day bag for me, too. So both are practical in different ways, but I can't believe how much I spent!

I'm new to Celine. If I use these bags and then regret and need to sell, assuming they are in excellent condition, how is the resale value? TIA!

Personally, keep the Oversized. I don't know if the Oversized would be a classic for Céline (possibility of discontinuing since it is not as well received as the Regular/Large, price point and I don't see it in the Spring or Summer looks) and if you like how it looks on you, keep it. You can *always* get a Large Trio anytime in future.

Just my opinions. Perhaps a few pictures would be easier for us to form an opinion but if your heart says to keep the Oversized, I'd do it and get a Large later. And I love the Oversized! Such a bold look.

Personally, keep the Oversized. I don't know if the Oversized would be a classic for Céline (possibility of discontinuing since it is not as well received as the Regular/Large, price point and I don't see it in the Spring or Summer looks) and if you like how it looks on you, keep it. You can *always* get a Large Trio anytime in future.

Just my opinions. Perhaps a few pictures would be easier for us to form an opinion but if your heart says to keep the Oversized, I'd do it and get a Large later. And I love the Oversized! Such a bold look.

Thanks for chiming in, cotonblanc. I do really want to keep the Oversized because I know it will be a great everyday bag for me. If I keep the Large Trio, I would mostly use it inside of another bag, because I have 2 kids and need to be able to carry a bunch of stuff with me around town. I would probably only use it on its own when going out at night. So it's a really hard decision. I'm actually considering keeping both, but only if I can be relatively sure that if/when I decide to sell, I can recoup most or all of what I spent.

BTW, you mentioned I could get a Large any time, but they are so hard to find, and impossible to reserve anywhere! At the Celine shop in Paris, I snagged the very last Large they had for the whole summer collection, so they aren't getting more any time soon.

OK so some of you may have read in the Trio thread that I called all the boutiques in Paris looking for a Large Trio and to see what colors they had in regular Trios. L'Eclaireur said they had the Large in black, so I hustled over there the next morning but it turns out they meant the Oversized, and the SA told me they'd had a client in the day before who wanted a large, so they called all the boutiques in Paris and nobody had one. Somehow I ended up leaving the store with the Oversized :blush: (I still haven't taken it out of the bag.)

Then today I was in the neighborhood of the Victor Hugo Celine boutique so I stopped in to see if they had the Bleu Orage color of Trio, just out of curiosity because I didn't know what that color looked like. They only had yellow, light blue, and I believe red. Then I said, "you don't have the large size by any chance, do you?" And she said, "we have only one, in bordeaux." I was floored. So of course I bought it without thinking twice (I also picked up a yellow zipper wallet because my Comme des Garcons wallet is too big to fit in it).

Now I'm in a pickle. Do I keep both, or return/sell the Oversized? I wanted the Large to use inside a bigger bag, or on its own when I go out at night. The Oversized is a perfect day bag for me, too. So both are practical in different ways, but I can't believe how much I spent!

I'm new to Celine. If I use these bags and then regret and need to sell, assuming they are in excellent condition, how is the resale value? TIA!
:useless::useless:
photos pls

OK, I finally got up the nerve to take everything out of the shopping bags. The pics are not great but I hope you can see the bags well enough.

What does everyone think? Which one to keep? Or keep both?

IMG_4065.jpg

IMG_4069.jpg

IMG_4071.jpg

IMG_4072.jpg

IMG_4073.jpg

IMG_4074.jpg

IMG_4076.jpg

IMG_4077.jpg

IMG_4078.jpg

IMG_4079.jpg

In this last pic I tried to show one of the slip pockets between the compartments. Perfect for Metro tickets, lip balm, or other little items!

Both looks good but i would have prefer the large trio because the proportion is better.

I can imagine unzipping the oversize trio and it will be quite awkward to me. Also if you overload the oversize, the straps gonna be painful on you.

Thanks for chiming in, cotonblanc. I do really want to keep the Oversized because I know it will be a great everyday bag for me. If I keep the Large Trio, I would mostly use it inside of another bag, because I have 2 kids and need to be able to carry a bunch of stuff with me around town. I would probably only use it on its own when going out at night. So it's a really hard decision. I'm actually considering keeping both, but only if I can be relatively sure that if/when I decide to sell, I can recoup most or all of what I spent.

BTW, you mentioned I could get a Large any time, but they are so hard to find, and impossible to reserve anywhere! At the Celine shop in Paris, I snagged the very last Large they had for the whole summer collection, so they aren't getting more any time soon.

What I was trying to say is that if Céline decides to discontinue the Oversized trio, then it will be virtually impossible to track one brand new in the shops. The Large is here to stay so you can still get it, if you know what I mean.

But if you really do love both, then keep them. I must say I love how the Oversized looks on you. Works well with how tall you seem to be. :biggrin: Congrats. And the yellow purse is lovely too.

Thanks everyone! So many different opinions!
I just checked my receipt from L'Eclaireur where I bought the Oversized and it says no returns or exchanges. So I'm stuck with it. Now I have to decide whether or not to use it or sell it. I think I might end up keeping it for the time being....