My love for MAC is fading..

dolly18

Jan 7, 2009
Ever since my recent handbag obsession my love for MAC (and most makeup in general) is slowly fading away. I have TONS of makeup (mostly MAC) that I have never even touched. I went through this phase where I bought every new item from a MAC collection including colors I'd never wear.

I'm very much a neutral or smokey eyed gal with a pale lip. I think it's time for me to purge most of my collection.. how sad though!!!!! Has anyone else gone through this?

I wouldn't say that my love for MAC has faded but during my 10+ years of buying MAC makeup products, I have definately taken a hiatus on mac purchases, as it can get a little exhausting..(they put out something like 50 collections per year!)

It's OK to go through phases like that so before purging maybe just put everything away for awhile in case you change your mind, LOL.

I'm pretty satisfied/saturated with my MAC collection - which is a good thing as I have been out of work for a few months. I just restock up on basics (liquid liner, mascara) that I love and try to limit splurging. And I enjoy looking at the new collections but given there are a lot of repeats I don't feel the need to scoop up everything either, KWIM?

XXXOO PG

I go through phases with both, so I understand just what you mean, dolly - I was a MAC lover years ago, and then left it for a long time until this past summer. I am now back with a VENGEANCE, lol!!! :nuts:

Even so, at this point I don't feel the need to buy everything from every collection like I did even just a few months ago. I still buy too much, though - but I make it my business to use it all!

I've been on a MAC role lately too and my handbag collection is suffering. But I look at it this way, a new lipstick/shadow is WAY cheaper than a new bag!!! And it makes you feel good :smile:

I've been wearing MAC since 1993/94 and have slowed down considerably. I'd stock up with a lot of items, purge and start over again. I recently cleaned out my MAC items and have a lot of Back 2 MAC containers. I just pick up something new when I'm near a boutique, but not a lot.

I went through this for about 3 years, I really didnt buy any makeup at all during that time. I repurchased mascara and maybe bought an eyeliner or two and thats it

I recently renewed my love for MAC when I discovered how awesome lipstick is! I always thought it was blah and kinda old lady. I have bought so much MAC in the past 2 months it is kinda scary. lol

So it is totally ok to take a break...I am sure you will be back soon

It has happened to me. I buy far less than I used to, and I feel better without all the clutter.
Have some friends over or take products to work, and let the ladies help themselves.
Go through your stash first to see if there is anything you must keep, but otherwise let it go.
I would not get rid of everything at once, though.

This happened to me when i got Coach obsessed about 2 years ago. Now my Coach addiction is slowing down and i'm starting back up with MAC again. I have a collection worth over $5000 and i just started buying more again. I'm also getting into NARS but i think its also time to save my money and start using what i have!

I always do this though.....i get super obsessed over a brand and stalk it until i get what i want then i don't care after. I also did this with Rock & Republic. I have about 12 pairs and another 4 with tags still on them.

It has happened to me. I buy far less than I used to, and I feel better without all the clutter.
Have some friends over or take products to work, and let the ladies help themselves.
Go through your stash first to see if there is anything you must keep, but otherwise let it go.
I would not get rid of everything at once, though.

that's good advice!

I go through phases with my make-up, too.
For a while I only used MAC. Then I got
tired of it and started using Dior. Then I
got tired of that and started using Armani.
But I use different products for different
things, and love the MAC brushes.